Jumping Back In- New Reefer Max 625 G2

Lostoften

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after years of only having a RS Nano, just purchased a Reefer Max 625 G2. Previous tanks were 40g breeder and a 75 gallon. Looking forward to being able to keep a couple tangs! Picked up about 120lbs of dry rock so will get started aqua scaping and then soaking it while waiting for the tank to come in!

Sounds like the app allows for a lot of control with the equipment. Are people still using apex on their setups? I repurposed my apex set up to the nano after taking down my 40g breeder. That was 7 years ago.

Appreciate and tips/advice or pictures of your aqua scaping.

OP
OP
L

Lostoften

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply on Apex, will need to look at the newer systems and what is needed vs redundant with the Red Sea app/interface. Unfortunately, no way to run an aqua bus between the two tanks.

First attempt at laying out the dry rock. I’ve never glued the rock before but going to attempt to for this build.

The boxes are 18.5 inches tall and the tank is about 24”.
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0812.jpeg

OP
OP
L

Lostoften

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the aquascaping I under estimated... we will see what it ends up as. Finding that if you move a piece you never seem to get back in the same spot. Equipment list is growing, though.

Ordered a toplids cover with the fusion frame, inkird controller for dual heaters, and APEX Pro w/ Trident.

Switched over nearby outlets to GFCI, outlets.

No ship date on aquarium.

OP
OP
L

Lostoften

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tanks wet, and so is my cabinet! Struggling to fine the right size of return line to fit the barb adapters. 3/4” ID seemed too tight, tried 1” ID braided nylon with zip ties and was too loose on the PVC pipe connection.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpeg
    IMG_0855.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 12

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you can use
Well the tanks wet, and so is my cabinet! Struggling to fine the right size of return line to fit the barb adapters. 3/4” ID seemed too tight, tried 1” ID braided nylon with zip ties and was too loose on the PVC pipe connection.
You should be able to use 3/4 just heat up the end with hot water or a hair dryer (careful it’s easy to burn) and then once the line is heated it should easily go over the barb

OP
OP
L

Lostoften

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, went with 3/4” and herbie clip and it’s been up and running. Today was day 11 of fishless cycle, ammonia was still ~1.5 and nitrite 0.4. Hoping for it to finish the cycle soon. Uses Dr Tim’s on and Only plus live sand so hopefully cycle doesn’t take too long. Approved design on my top lid so fingers crossed that will arrive in time for when the cycle finishes.

Work in progress on cables, haven’t hooked up apex system yet. Still debating on what to put on the slide out panel. In addition, how to mount the UV sterilizer. Then inlet and outlet are on opposite sides, so limits mounting positions. Not to thrilled about drilling brackets on the sump ceiling but seems the best place to mount.

Happy Reefing!

Working on stocking list, open to recommendations! Thinking first after cycle will be 3 chromis.

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpeg
    IMG_0892.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0890.jpeg
    IMG_0890.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
L

Lostoften

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a bottle of pods, some more bacteria and 2 frozen clowns. Still need to tackle the UV and Alex, the right side of cabinet is still a disaster.

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpeg
    IMG_3863.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3865.mov
    7 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back