NYOS OPUS 300 G2 Slim

ClownMother

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral are you planning on keeping, this will determine what lighting you need? I will post par this weekend for you. I'm not planning on anything else in the sump, I do have room for a NYOS reactor in the area where the socks used to be but I usually don't run one. I've never had or needed a refugium so can't help you there, I do use a 3d printed basket for bio media spheres I keep in the sump.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/nano-tech-bio-spheres-maxspect.html
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1621213238/maxspect-media-holder-for-36-nano-tech
I plan on keeping mostly LPS, but I do want the top to have SPS. With it being a pool tank, I'm assuming shadowing shouldn't be a huge issue if I scape correctly and put SPS in the back? Tank is 35" I think so I feel like 2 XR15 at 60% would probably be fine... Could do an XR30 right next to an XR15 but worried it might look funky?

OP
OP
RoanokeReef

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on keeping mostly LPS, but I do want the top to have SPS. With it being a pool tank, I'm assuming shadowing shouldn't be a huge issue if I scape correctly and put SPS in the back? Tank is 35" I think so I feel like 2 XR15 at 60% would probably be fine... Could do an XR30 right next to an XR15 but worried it might look funky?
I agree if you do your scape correctly 2 XR15's would be fine. I have an XR15 Blue running on a 15x15 cube so Ill get you some par readings Sunday from it to give you an idea.

OP
OP
RoanokeReef

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1142.jpeg

Here’s a quick reading. This is without the T5s and the lights are 80% with the exception of white being at 40%

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i also may end up buying the dimmable version of the aquatic life t5 36 and put my kessil a360x in the center. Right now, thats my only light (which is fine).

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back