Just got my first reeftank!

Wolfman238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our dysfunctional reefing family ask for help and you will receive. But always with caution lol. As far as clams do some research first please awesome critters but a little picky about their water and light. Had my last maxima for 5 years

7507.jpeg

OP
OP
Strawberry

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our dysfunctional reefing family ask for help and you will receive. But always with caution lol. As far as clams do some research first please awesome critters but a little picky about their water and light. Had my last maxima for 5 years

7507.jpeg

It will be a ways down the road before I’m ready to add anything else. I didn’t actually realize how important it was to quarantine and someone mentioned it so I’ve been doing some research. I definitely need to get a quarantine tank before I go investing a ton of money on corals lol

OP
OP
Strawberry

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco has $1 a gallon sale going on now so I would go get a 20 gallon long tank and buy you a small hob filter , a heater , and find some pvc fitting fish to hide.Make sure you cycle tank before putting you
put any fish in... this quarantine/hospital tank will be fish only due to fish treatments will kill coral and inverts ...
I would just buy some coral rx and just dip your corals...
Hope this helps ..

Is the coral RX pretty effective? I’m nervous to use it and have something icky slip into my tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
First tank always exciting and the one that will give you knowledge and leave lasting memories!!
Welcome to the community !

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the coral RX pretty effective? I’m nervous to use it and have something icky slip into my tank.

No worries with CoralRX. I dip my corals in CoralRX and Bayer Advance

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back