Kessil Spectral Controller not executing set parameters

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello. I have recently come into a used Kessil Tuna Blue light with Spectral Controller (older model). I set the parameters and deleted unused quick sets. I set the port to the quick set I created. However, when I exit from the settings, the light reverts to a blue light with low intensity. The home screen does not reflect the parameters set. The settings in the home page aren’t even parameters in my quick set. I tried to update the software on their website but when I downloaded it the “update firmware” button is greyed out. I only saw a software option for the Spectral Controller X. When I disconnect the remote, the light is capable of all settings via the knobs on the lamp head. I have attached a video that may explain this better. I haven’t been able to find anyone with a similar problem in my research. Any relevant advice is welcome!

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there a video...?
hello. I have recently come into a used Kessil Tuna Blue light with Spectral Controller (older model). I set the parameters and deleted unused quick sets. I set the port to the quick set I created. However, when I exit from the settings, the light reverts to a blue light with low intensity. The home screen does not reflect the parameters set. The settings in the home page aren’t even parameters in my quick set. I tried to update the software on their website but when I downloaded it the “update firmware” button is greyed out. I only saw a software option for the Spectral Controller X. When I disconnect the remote, the light is capable of all settings via the knobs on the lamp head. I have attached a video that may explain this better. I haven’t been able to find anyone with a similar problem in my research. Any relevant advice is welcome!

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof, it must have failed to upload. I tried attaching it again here.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you're not in demo mode or nothing will hold. Make sure the program is assigned to both ports.
I concur. I just got mine a few days ago and have been playing around with them. Demo mode has to be turned off or it will revert back to it's factory program.

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you're not in demo mode or nothing will hold. Make sure the program is assigned to both ports.
I’m pretty sure it isn’t in demo mode. the video isn’t working):

Attachments

• IMG_7498.mov
    42 MB
  • IMG_7498.mov
    47.4 MB
OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur. I just got mine a few days ago and have been playing around with them. Demo mode has to be turned off or it will revert back to it's factory program.
How do you reset it? There is no indication that it’s in Demo mode.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh... you have the older model! I have the a360x. Looks like it works differently.
In mine you just move over to the demo and turn it off in there.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Make sure the program is assigned to a port. There are two ports (0-10v) that you connect the lights to, but the program needs to be assigned to those ports. Just use one of the quick set programs, modify to your settings and assign to both ports. The dashboard will display which program is currently running.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just set mine to two different programs, one on each port.
IMG_9855.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my video won’t upload, Here are some photos. But now i think its working? I’m so confused. Sorry for wasting your time.

IMG_7504.jpeg IMG_7506.jpeg IMG_7507.jpeg IMG_7508.jpeg IMG_7509.jpeg IMG_7510.jpeg IMG_7511.jpeg IMG_7512.jpeg

OP
OP
gingeramoeba

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your lights aren't following or reacting to the programs, make sure the cables are completely seated into the jacks and make sure they're clean.
It’s not a connection problem, the light works fine, the remote was just showing weird numbers.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool, once you figure it out, it’s simple to program. If I may offer a suggestion when programming, pick a color % for peak hours and keep it there, then let everything go deep blue for the ramp up/down. Sustain peak intensity for 6-8hrs. I’ve been using Kessil’s for 8+ years and have found this simple rule works rather well for color, growth and overall health of the animals. But, it’s only a suggestion and it’s ultimately your reef.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back