Klir Filter Review.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been finding it increasingly difficult to find replacement filter rolls for these units over the past 6months or so.

Anyone using one from another brand ie. Clarisea or anything? did it work ok?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been finding it increasingly difficult to find replacement filter rolls for these units over the past 6months or so.

Anyone using one from another brand ie. Clarisea or anything? did it work ok?
I’m not sure where you’ve been looking but bulk reef supply always has them in stock

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure where you’ve been looking but bulk reef supply always has them in stock
For the non Americans then :p

Here in Aus there has bee sweet fa available locally for some time now it seems. (at least online).
I managed to scoop up 4 of them for a reasonable price but everyone appears to be price gouging these things.

I may have to look into BRS and see if they ship internationally.
Edit: Nope.. they ship local only and expect people to pay/use a mail forwarder if international... that's a shame.

ReefBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I have the newer design. The older design does look interesting. I just don't have an issue with a bunch of stuff getting past the roller. Below is a picture of my unit and the chamber below it. This is about 6 weeks or so of accumulation.

20220825_094659.jpg

20220825_095109.jpg
Bluerider, What is the approximate flow rate of your return pump? I have the new version with allot of blowby also. Is the pic a representation of the typical daily height of the water level in your Klir? Mine is not that high and I would need to increase the flowrate to get closer to yours. Since the amount of needed "pressure" of the fleece against the inside of the cage would only occur by increasing the water height, I might need a new pump.

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluerider, What is the approximate flow rate of your return pump? I have the new version with allot of blowby also. Is the pic a representation of the typical daily height of the water level in your Klir? Mine is not that high and I would need to increase the flowrate to get closer to yours. Since the amount of needed "pressure" of the fleece against the inside of the cage would only occur by increasing the water height, I might need a new pump.
I think it has more to do with the water level in your sump. The lower half of mine is completely submerged. I would guesstimate about 300gph.

Mine is still running without issue. The small amount that gets past I just vacuum up when changing the roll.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back