Lasers 1000+ Inwall Starfire

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am caught up with your build thread ,,, simply awesome ,,,, I think the thing that just really blew me away, is when I saw the soon to be frag tank. Geez, when you need a frag tank that big, well, I just can't wrap my brain around needing a frag tank that big for a home aquarium.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am caught up with your build thread ,,, simply awesome ,,,, I think the thing that just really blew me away, is when I saw the soon to be frag tank. Geez, when you need a frag tank that big, well, I just can't wrap my brain around needing a frag tank that big for a home aquarium.

Thanks Braves Fan! Welcome to the build thread.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
electricians were able to finish the install of the 80KW backup generator today. Here is a shot of the transfer switches. We have 3 200A breaker boxes so there is a backup for each. We also have the generator set up for email alerts any time we have a power outage. It will also notify us if it is low on oil or problems occur.

Attachments

• Generatorpower.jpg
    Generatorpower.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 549
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with the frag tank arrival tomorrow finally finished up adding 2 more 20A dedicated gfci outlets.

Attachments

• FragPower1.jpg
    FragPower1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 513
  • FragPower2.jpg
    FragPower2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 525
  • FragPower3.jpg
    FragPower3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 511
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mid Cities Aquariums delivered the stand early today so the tank could be put in first thing in the morning. Here is couple of shots. Getting excited to get the new frag tank set up.
New200FragStand1.jpg

New200FragStand2.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI 60" 8 bulb fixture arrived today. This will be my first ever tank utilizing this lighting.
ATILight60new.jpg

ATILightbulb.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and the frag tank arrived and was moved into the new location.
200galfragtank1.jpg

200galfragtank2.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that shallow frag tank, nice choice

Thanks looking forward to saving my back working with the frags!

Here are a few shots of the tank in place..

Attachments

• 200galfragtank3.jpg
    200galfragtank3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 497
  • 200galfragtank4.jpg
    200galfragtank4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 462
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
couple more from distance

Attachments

• 200galfragtank5.jpg
    200galfragtank5.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 200galfragtank6.jpg
    200galfragtank6.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 489
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now for the fun part. Getting all this plumbed together into the main as well as stand alone option for the sump that is coming soon with qt tank, and refugium tank. The frag tank will be able to operate if need be independent of the main display allowing isolation in the future. So that is why is may seem we are builiding this backward but this is the best way to keep the plumbing from looking like spaghetti. :wink:

Attachments

• 200galfragtankplumbing1.jpg
    200galfragtankplumbing1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 200galfragtankplumbing2.jpg
    200galfragtankplumbing2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 446
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
return and drain plumbed. Notice the drain has 2 valves - one will go to main display sump and the other will go to sump under frag tank. This way I can isolate the systems if need be.
200galfragtankplumbingi3.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag tank is now in place and all the hookups are underway. Monday, Mid Cities Aquariums will come out and remove all the old plumbing off the two dart returns and replace all the valves etc and rework with the new frag tank. At this time they will also be re-routing the returns under the display to allow for the larger skimmer collection cup to be mounted. This will allow the use of the skimmer neck cleaner to finally be used. Once all plumbing is completed the system will be running with the 1000 display, 350 gal sump, 200 gal frag tank all hooked together.
AGE has already begun installation of our final tank build which will include a 100 gal Starfire QT, 50 gal refugium, and 100 gal sump under frag tank. All these components will run independent of the main system at all times. I will also have the ability to isolate the frag tank to run with this system and seperate from the main display if the need ever arose. The new qt and refugium will be located to the left of the frag tank in the fish room and a stand will be made to match the others where we will stack the two tanks. The stand will also have shelves left of the tanks to hold the de-humidifier as well as misc equipment. So in the picture the shelf there now will be removed and a steel stand similar will replace it.
When we remove the plumbing for a redo Monday we will have to drain the sump so all frags will be moved to the frag tank from the display sump. We will dip all prior to entering the new frag tank. We will just use a heater and powerhead for the frags to circulate as we work to get all the plumbing done during the day. Going to be a long one.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread! Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration.... Following along.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another project complete:
went ahead and hung plywood painted color of ceiling above frag tank to allow easy placement of lights without the worry of a stud being present. This method was also used for the main display. (You can see I had to use two boards as the garage door assembly was in the way. The lights will hang from each side so it will not be in the way.)
FragTankLightMount1.jpg

FragTankLightMount2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drain for the frag tank back to the main display required the Topoff Station to be moved out from the wall to allow the 2" drain to run along the wall. As long as it was being moved I went ahead and painted it to better match the setup and now have it all hooked back up to apex for autofill.

Topoff1.jpg
Topoff2.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back