OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago I got back my KH director after repairing in Germany. It was probably some problem with the internal pump. They change it out. I start it today and It seems working as it should. KH earlier this day with Hanna was 6.9 - and the three valid measurement I have done with the KH director shows the same; I´ll will run it fot some time before I put on autopilot.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New measurements to report

NO3

1690722959765.png

NO2

1690723143175.png

PO4

1690723259574.png

I still run the old batch of AL + GFO in my reactor, However - I´ll got a new reactor that I will use rather soon. I also filtrate the last samples

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lasse,looks like an interesting article. Wound up downloading it to read during lunch.
Cheers,
E
This turn thing upside down and it get it much easier to be a coral aquarist. Main ingredients - SW with natural composition, light, corals and inorganic nutrients.

I have start an own thread for these findings

Sincerely Lasse

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New FTS
FTS.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

One of my favorite tanks!

I have a couple of questions, if I may:

If you were starting over would you still put GSP along the back wall?

How about the "green hairy mushrooms" on the right side? I had some in my tank and they spread pretty aggressively.

The acropora that you you have along the top - are they just mounted on the plating montipora?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite tanks!

I have a couple of questions, if I may:

If you were starting over would you still put GSP along the back wall?

Yes I would. This type I have (I´ll think it is a Briareum hamrum or similar species) grow on a "skin" and can rather easily be removed if you want.

How about the "green hairy mushrooms" on the right side? I had some in my tank and they spread pretty aggressively.

Yes they do that. Of some reason - my have mostly stay on the right side

The acropora that you you have along the top - are they just mounted on the plating montipora?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Yes it is placed there - its normally a fight between them and the plating montipora.

My tank is in some way a dynamic tank - it change all the time.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small update

The aquarium just running as it should - no surprises. One of my wavemakers just stop working and I had to change it - I´m always have spare pumps. However - when I did the aquarium - I create certain places for my wavemakers and for the Jebao pump that was new back in 2016. This pump - the old RW8 is not in production any longer - I had to find a new pump in a year or two. I still have one - not used left - but after that - I can´t get this pump again.

My aquarium is only 80 gallon but have a lot of hiding places. 3 months ago I bought a shrimp goby - a yellow form of Cryptocentrus cinctus - during the adaption in a floating cage - he was away one day. I look around - both inside and outside the aquarium - no goby. After three month - a yellow head show upp in the opening of one of my pistol shrimps cave. And he/she is still there..... Around a year ago I add 4 Chrysiptera parasema and 7 C. springeri. I thought for a long time that 3 of the C. springeri was dead - but the other day - I count 7 again. And so on - I have more examples

Sincerely Lasse

GAIA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Los compuestos responsables del tinte amarillo en un acuario de agua salada (francamente, en todos los acuarios) son principalmente humus y ácidos húmicos. Es el resultado del proceso de descomposición. En la naturaleza, puedes ver el mismo tinte amarillo en el agua de los pantanos.

El peróxido de hidrógeno debería tener el mismo efecto letal que el ozono; es sólo una cuestión de dosis. Por ejemplo, el peróxido de hidrógeno se utiliza a menudo como eliminador de parásitos en las granjas de salmón noruego.

El peróxido de hidrógeno, en la dosis adecuada, matará las bacterias. Mi veterinario favorito siempre pone H2O2 concentrado en las heridas abiertas cuando un animal le ha mordido: lo mata todo, afirma.:)

Sin embargo, no sé si las dosis bajas que creo son responsables de mi agua clara tienen algún efecto sobre los parásitos o las bacterias. Dosis muy bajas de ozono también darán un agua clara, pero tampoco estoy seguro de si producirá otros efectos positivos.

Estoy dispuesto a creer que mi dosis baja y constante de peróxido de hidrógeno me da cierta protección contra el ciano y los parásitos, pero no lo sé. Puedo ver que parece aclarar el agua, pero tiene otros efectos positivos; no hay pruebas de ello. Y tampoco puedo decir que no tenga efectos negativos porque no lo he comparado con un acuario similar. Y, por supuesto, no puedo decir al 100 % que mi agua muy clara sea causada por el oxidante, pero en todos los demás acuarios (salados y frescos) que he tenido sin oxidador (u ozono), tengo agua con un tinte amarillo, así que estoy al menos 95% seguro :).

El peróxido de hidrógeno también ayudará a mantener un buen nivel de oxígeno si hay un corte de energía u otras circunstancias que reduzcan el nivel natural de oxígeno. Ese truco lo he usado tantas veces que estoy 100% seguro de ello. Espero que más adelante pueda registrar mi perfil de oxígeno (en mi acuario) durante 48 horas y con diferentes equipos.

Sinceramente Lasse

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Lasse:
From the south of Europe, near Barcelona, and with much less cold, rereading your thread a doubt arose in me: When the power supply fails, how does the O2 from the Oxydator diffuse through the system, if the return pump is stopped?

I can answer that while waiting for Lasse to reply if I may.
The short answer is it dosen't. You would have to move the Oxydator from the sump into the aquarium in the case of the return pump failing or an electricity failure.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can answer that while waiting for Lasse to reply if I may.
The short answer is it dosen't. You would have to move the Oxydator from the sump into the aquarium in the case of the return pump failing or an electricity failure.
Exactly - that´s the downside of have it in the sump.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an A size - If I get a Power break - I move it up in the DT. For the moment I use 12% and 3 catalyst. 250 ml in around 10 days. If I move it up - I robably will go down to 2 catalyst.

Sincerely Lasse

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back