hystrix.jpg

part.jpg

pincet.jpg

pincet2.jpg

sps1.jpg

wetmorella.jpg

wetmorella2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse! Tank is Looking great as always! Are those green hairy mushrooms in the last photo? I have some in my 50 cube but I'm afraid to put them in my 120 main tank because they grow so quickly. I'm afraid they will take over the tank. Are they very invasive in your tank? How do you control them spreading everywhere?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I visit my old workplace - the aquarium of the Maritime Museum in Gothenburg, Sweden. Its nearly exactly 1 years since they open the new exhibition and the 400 000 L aquarium´s progress is rather good. The plan is a complete reef aquarium mostly built by corals produced in the building. It means - it will take time. It is constructed for growing corals all down to 4.5 m depth and today it is possible to see good growth all the way down. Its 25 kW LED armatures above the surface!!!!! My visit result in one not so good and one not so bad video plus some pictures

The not so bad

The not so good

The pictures

corals.jpg

corals2.jpg

corals3.jpg

rabbit-fish.jpg

sharks.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God Jul.

Today its julafton in Sweden - the day before your christmas day. We have already start the celebration with the traditional dish - Ham with mustard on vort bread. And the traditional soda - Julmust - maybe translated into yule must,

IMG_20231223_191036.jpg

Remember I´m on GMT +1

Sincerely Lasse

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I visit my old workplace - the aquarium of the Maritime Museum in Gothenburg, Sweden. Its nearly exactly 1 years since they open the new exhibition and the 400 000 L aquarium´s progress is rather good. The plan is a complete reef aquarium mostly built by corals produced in the building. It means - it will take time. It is constructed for growing corals all down to 4.5 m depth and today it is possible to see good growth all the way down. Its 25 kW LED armatures above the surface!!!!! My visit result in one not so good and one not so bad video plus some pictures

The not so bad

The not so good

The pictures

corals.jpg

corals2.jpg

corals3.jpg

rabbit-fish.jpg

sharks.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

How big are those sharks?

GAIA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God Jul.

Today its julafton in Sweden - the day before your christmas day. We have already start the celebration with the traditional dish - Ham with mustard on vort bread. And the traditional soda - Julmust - maybe translated into yule must,

IMG_20231223_191036.jpg

Remember I´m on GMT +1

Sincerely Lasse
On Christmas Day in Catalonia it is very typical to eat soup with pot meat, and drink cava and wine.
Merry Christmas!.

1703615334233.jpeg

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few updates here

No pictures today but I have decided to go back to heavy nitrification in my sump and skip GFO for a while. No3 for the moment - 9.8 mg/L and PO4 0.23 mg/L. I have also clean up in the upper plateau and get rid of one diadema urchin

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its soon time for a rescape. I will probably soon have to do a big rearrangement in my display tank. My hard corals have grown so well that in about 50% of the surface the water depth is a maximum of 7 cm. They have also grown in such a way that my light only reaches about 25% of the bottom. The dark parts are completely dominated by various sponges, and in some places tubastrea aurea has established itself.

Some picture from yesterday

blenny.jpg

fil.jpg

goby2.jpg

goby4.jpg

molly-miller.jpg

pincett.jpg

scoote2r.jpg

urchin.jpg

blue.jpg

FTS.jpg

goby1.jpg

koral2l.jpg

koral3.jpg

korall.jpg

sun.jpg

FTS.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its soon time for a rescape. I will probably soon have to do a big rearrangement in my display tank. My hard corals have grown so well that in about 50% of the surface the water depth is a maximum of 7 cm. They have also grown in such a way that my light only reaches about 25% of the bottom. The dark parts are completely dominated by various sponges, and in some places tubastrea aurea has established itself.

Some picture from yesterday

blenny.jpg

fil.jpg

goby2.jpg

goby4.jpg

molly-miller.jpg

pincett.jpg

scoote2r.jpg

urchin.jpg

blue.jpg

FTS.jpg

goby1.jpg

koral2l.jpg

koral3.jpg

korall.jpg

sun.jpg

FTS.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Thats a grogous system

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say - since last update I have lost my Paraluteres prionurus. It just stop eating and a couple of days later - it could not see him/her.
I have done a calculation how much my coral box DCA 4000 with my existing pipe system - lift height 1,15 m, 2 45 degrees elbow, 5 pcs 90 degree elbow and 1 ball valve should give in a theoretical way. The result is around 2100 l/H. I run it to 80 % wich give a theoretical flow of around 1700 L/h. I did a measurements today and real flow is around 1400 L/h. It means that from outlet of the return pump a water molecule will take around 13 minutes (theoretical) to comeback to the inlet.

The reason why I´m so interested of the real flow is that I thinking of using saliferts liquid phosphate eliminator. It is - as I understand it - based on iron and the flocks should attach to proteins, hence be skimmed out. If I believe in this ........... - let us say that I´m not 100 % convinced ;) but its worth a try - I have used liquid iron-based phosphorous flocking agents before (in waste water) and know their effectiveness at least in those systems. The main question is to get it out from the system. My idea is to let it go down in the drain pipe there it will be effective mixed with the water and coming out in my sump ner the intake to the skimmer. I need to adapt my dosing to the recirculating time - i.e dose the wanted amount in around 15 minutes. With the new GHL dosing FW it is possible to set a wanted flow/min lower than the calibrated flow. If I will dose 5 ml in 15 minutes - I need to let my pumps give around 0,3 ml/min (will take around 16 minutes but never the less.)

If there is any one using this product - feel free to write about it in this thread

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - few updates here.

I´m in the test phase again with my aquarium. I have ha high pO4 for a while - not that it disturb me but I test another way to getting it down around 0.06-0.1 mg/L. I use a liquid iron based product. More about that here.

I have also start to work a little with my light - here

Today i put my light like this

1708540281149.png

And i will follow this up with some measurements that I will report in this thread

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now adjusted my light schedule to something that mimic the situation at Bitung - Sulawesi - Indonesia.

1708768172822.png

Still the same day pattern with noon 16:00

1708766582311.png

I have done my first logg how my daily light affect my pH

1708766736773.png

Next thing to solve is to adjust my water temperature to the same place in the world, There is a slight problem because the water temperature can reach around 30 degree C and I do not want as high as that. The highest I want is around 26 degrees. Another problem is that there is up to more than 1 degree C difference between days in the same month. I know that GHL have a function named DNV (Dynamic Nominal Value) that could be used for different temperatures at different time in an automatically way. However - have not figured it out totally yet. @Gaël I want to do a txt file (CSV file) that contains something like this 2024-02-24 at 08:00 - temp 24 degree C, 2024-02-25 at 08:00 - temp 25 degree C. - and so on. How do I format every text line in order to have it work when I load it as a cvs file into the local web browsers file system?

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have now adjusted my light schedule to something that mimic the situation at Bitung - Sulawesi - Indonesia.

1708768172822.png

Still the same day pattern with noon 16:00

1708766582311.png

I have done my first logg how my daily light affect my pH

1708766736773.png

Next thing to solve is to adjust my water temperature to the same place in the world, There is a slight problem because the water temperature can reach around 30 degree C and I do not want as high as that. The highest I want is around 26 degrees. Another problem is that there is up to more than 1 degree C difference between days in the same month. I know that GHL have a function named DNV (Dynamic Nominal Value) that could be used for different temperatures at different time in an automatically way. However - have not figured it out totally yet. @Gaël I want to do a txt file (CSV file) that contains something like this 2024-02-24 at 08:00 - temp 24 degree C, 2024-02-25 at 08:00 - temp 25 degree C. - and so on. How do I format every text line in order to have it work when I load it as a cvs file into the local web browsers file system?

Sincerely Lasse
Hello,
This article is currently only available in German.
An English version is planned.

Gaël

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back