LE Tyree Captain America "Last Frag" Paly Growout!!!

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just got home!

Captain is doing good! I think I was wrong about a baby growing, it seems that the base was just spreading out and thickening up. So far I dont see any babies. I met up with another fellow reefer who has a captain and his doesnt have a baby either yet. The ones that do have babies had multiple polyps when they got their if i remember correctly. I expect a baby to sprout soon as the captain looks might thick now! My african blue has just grown a leg and is starting to grow out of that leg. If the african can grow in my tank anything can! I'll take pics tomorrow! :tongue:

how is our baby doin?

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry im a little late with the pictures. I have been observing the captain just about every time I look at my tank. There seems to be a bud forming and im not saying its a baby this time (last time I jumped the gun). But its been about four weeks since Ive had the captain and I think its just about time for one to pop :angel: You guys be the judge and tell me what you think! Also, Im taking inventory of all the corals I have so if you want to see what kind of paly's/zoa's might be included with your captain please check out my site http://www.pakoraman.com I have about 40+ more paly's/zoo's to add and I plan on doing it during the weekend.

My lights were off but I just turned them on to take pics of the captain. I dont usually do this because I dont want to disturb the cycle but I felt I owed you guys pics today as I had promised to upload them before.

cap_4_1_09A.jpg

cap_4_1_09B.jpg

cap_4_1_09C.jpg

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in orlando this past week end and made a trip over to WWC. I looked at the Capt. Americas there. I am #8 on the grow out list and am very happy that I am on the list. There mother coloney had about 8 to 10 polyps and they were almost the size of a quarter very impressive. They are about to add a single polyp with a baby to E-bay. Very impressive place and the staff there was excellent. However they are not fast growers and are kept under T5s.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez, have you guys seen the current auction for the Captain America? If you are in the growout I bet you are glad! LOL. I might have some good news to give tomorrow. I was looking at the captain with the moon lights and I have a feeling that bump is in fact a baby. I think I see a tiny skirt peeking through. If thats the case then its all downhill from here! :-D. No congratulations to you guys yet until its official :p

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours should be popping a baby soon, I already have 1 new full and 2 babies and I got mine maybe a week before you. It does grow like PD and NG :)

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your babies :) I cant wait till morning so I can take a pic! :angel:

Yours should be popping a baby soon, I already have 1 new full and 2 babies and I got mine maybe a week before you. It does grow like PD and NG :)

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is - YOU THE MAN P-A-K-O-R-A!!!!!!!!! No way would I EVER pay that much for hype over a zoa - but that is me and unfortunately others didn't get in on this grow-out :)!!!

Thank you for putting this together for us!

vietcu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woohoo, its popping like its hot :). Stupid I know, but still early in the morning.

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i was ready to go after it:squigglemouth: but it has got way beyond my means LOL
Geez, have you guys seen the current auction for the Captain America? If you are in the growout I bet you are glad! LOL. I might have some good news to give tomorrow. I was looking at the captain with the moon lights and I have a feeling that bump is in fact a baby. I think I see a tiny skirt peeking through. If thats the case then its all downhill from here! :-D. No congratulations to you guys yet until its official :p

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics I just took now guys. lol I think we'll get an answer in a another week for sure!

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

And some other pics of the stuff in the tank waiting for a place in your home :angel:

1.jpg

Some of my favorites!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! YOU ALL ARE PARENTS! It opened up! Although its super super tiny it opened up! whoooo hoooooooooooooo! :bigsmile: Now its on baby time!

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah not only a paly parent also gonna have a baby girl on or around june 17. cant wait first one besides all the coral babies lol.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. I call first dibs. Kidding.
Now that it is settled in probably start spurting out babies weekly. Most protos do once they acclimate to tank conditions.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 64 27.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back