Let's see all those jbj reefs

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a recent front tank shot and a brief description of your mods and upgrades..

This forum seems dead.

I'm at work I'll post my info later when I have more time and I'll get a new pic.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually busy doing water tests and monitoring my class of 69 Facebook page ( oops told everyone my secret) but will post later

OP
OP
Marktheshark83

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is the 30g jbj rimless aquarium

equipment I have stock pumps, koralia nano for extra flow and Kessil 360we for lighting.

in back in gutted all the stock filtration and replaced with filter floss, purigen and chemi pure elite.
also modded the back into a mini fuge

I don't run a skimmer, never have, never will.
e31cf9fa6568635b7e1397088ab871f8.jpg
92b5465b96ff3ee55499ffdd28bf419d.jpg

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm my post doesn't show my picture. I have a JBJ 45 gallon AIO, which by the end of the week will have a trigger systems 20 gallon refugium in the stand. Currently it has a Intank media basket on the right ( which is twice as big as the standard) in it I have Seachem matrix, carbon and purigen as well as singe filter. In the next basket I have a innovative marine mini reactor filled with phosguard. On the left basket is a coralvue PK skimmer ( I didn't go to a tunze skimmer as I'm moving it down into the refugium. There are two Vortech MP10's wavemakers. A waveline 600gph pump that is controlled (as well as the skimmer and Vortechs.) by a full Apex system. As of now I only have a Chinese made SBreeflights knockoff but am going to a zetlight 6500 this weekend

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a recent front tank shot and a brief description of your mods and upgrades..

This forum seems dead.

I'm at work I'll post my info later when I have more time and I'll get a new pic.
mine is the 30g jbj rimless aquarium

equipment I have stock pumps, koralia nano for extra flow and Kessil 360we for lighting.

in back in gutted all the stock filtration and replaced with filter floss, purigen and chemi pure elite.
also modded the back into a mini fuge

I don't run a skimmer, never have, never will.
e31cf9fa6568635b7e1397088ab871f8.jpg
92b5465b96ff3ee55499ffdd28bf419d.jpg
Where are you in Mi, I think we talked before, Lansing by chance? I'm originally from the UP

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not home right now but I'll be adding my JBJ30 gal. Thanks mark for starting this thread:D

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in disarray, at the moment, with some kind of possible 'unknown protazoan' plague. :(

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a guy on YouTube that has done a refugium but he wanted to have some room so he had a smaller (ten gallon I believe) made his name is blue ray and he has several videos on it. I'm being lazy and rather tan build my overflow from PVC I'm using a tunze 1074/2 skimmer which fits inside the basket completely not allowing anything to go past it. The only reason why it's not up yet is because the tunze is a Milimeter size overflow pipe and trying to get a adapter for it is a pain. Give me your size of your overflow and I'll tell you if it will fit here's my refugium. Takes up the whole inside. I have my apex on the side and up above the refugium is a 4 port doser from Jabao. Was using it I like it a lot and it was cheap and it's accurate. I'll be moving the surge protector once it's plumbed in. I'll be using 1in PVC hard piping all the way down and back up until just before the lip and then a flex hose to go over and into the original output nozzles.
The white and purple thing in the back of the refugium is a thing called a Rottertube. Takes the place of a sock and just as efficient
Saginaw I have friends in Birch Run

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Marktheshark83

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in disarray, at the moment, with some kind of possible 'unknown protazoan' plague. :(
post a recent pic and give a little info on your tank
There is a guy on YouTube that has done a refugium but he wanted to have some room so he had a smaller (ten gallon I believe) made his name is blue ray and he has several videos on it. I'm being lazy and rather tan build my overflow from PVC I'm using a tunze 1074/2 skimmer which fits inside the basket completely not allowing anything to go past it. The only reason why it's not up yet is because the tunze is a Milimeter size overflow pipe and trying to get a adapter for it is a pain. Give me your size of your overflow and I'll tell you if it will fit here's my refugium. Takes up the whole inside. I have my apex on the side and up above the refugium is a 4 port doser from Jabao. Was using it I like it a lot and it was cheap and it's accurate. I'll be moving the surge protector once it's plumbed in. I'll be using 1in PVC hard piping all the way down and back up until just before the lip and then a flex hose to go over and into the original output nozzles.
The white and purple thing in the back of the refugium is a thing called a Rottertube. Takes the place of a sock and just as efficient
Saginaw I have friends in Birch Run

image.jpeg
that's prolly too big for mine. prolly 10gallon, even 5 would work.

I really like it by the way. Super sharp

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's going on that you think that?
Sent a sample to twilliard to identify my photosynthetic mulm thats been accumulating. Apparently its a tiny single celled organism that even 2500 power microscope can hardly see. However, there is a clear enough image showing the cells multiplying.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent a sample to twilliard to identify my photosynthetic mulm thats been accumulating. Apparently its a tiny single celled organism that even 2500 power microscope can hardly see. However, there is a clear enough image showing the cells multiplying.
Wow! Any suggestions on taking care of it? As mark said we'd still like to know more about it and pictures.:)

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160620_193253.jpg 20160620_193501.jpg 20160620_193310.jpg
These were taken last night as a kind of before pic. Treatment at this point really is undetermined due to im the only one with this problem lol. I will be treating it similar to dinos.

Tank is 5.5 months old. Few corals with two clowns, shrimp and goby, firefish and cleaner shrimp.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have the 30 gal. Jbj RL, aqua max hob, kessil 360 W and 160 tuna blue lighting. A finnex hob fuge, which I'm thinking of getting rid of and doing what @Marktheshark83 did in the back. Right now I'm auto topping myself but I know I need to invest in one. Heim 100 watt heater, oh and I have the controller for the kessils but I haven't set that up either:rolleyes: , I have the RW-4 propeller pump with controller which I love and a hydor wave maker, lots of good flow. I think that's it . Pictures to follow:D

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160620_193253.jpg 20160620_193501.jpg 20160620_193310.jpg
These were taken last night as a kind of before pic. Treatment at this point really is undetermined due to im the only one with this problem lol. I will be treating it similar to dinos.

Tank is 5.5 months old. Few corals with two clowns, shrimp and goby, firefish and cleaner shrimp.
Very nice, love the rockscape. I'm sure it will work out will all the help available here:)

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, love the rockscape. I'm sure it will work out will all the help available here:)
Thanks. The tank is an eye sore at the moment. I'm kind of reluctant to treat the tank. I would rather start over than cause anymore issues down the road. My idea is to give it two weeks of two different types of treatment and go from there. Otherwise, I have another 20 lbs of dry rock for another go around.

OP
OP
Marktheshark83

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The tank is an eye sore at the moment. I'm kind of reluctant to treat the tank. I would rather start over than cause anymore issues down the road. My idea is to give it two weeks of two different types of treatment and go from there. Otherwise, I have another 20 lbs of dry rock for another go around.
is it a 30gallon? looks nice.

have you tried a larger waterchange? try a 10 gallon if not next time. how often do you?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back