Let's see all those jbj reefs

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wishful thinking! Considering Innovative marine was started after JBJ, it's obvious growth is stagnant. I do like the JBJ RL series over the nuvo series, however. :)
What's the RL series
I have a JBJ AIO that The series I know of

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the RL series
I have a JBJ AIO that The series I know of
First came biocube then came RL or rimless series. But the RL series which you have, has been in production for 6 or 7 years now. Nothing wrong with that, just they really haven't designed anything new to compete with.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The intent of the thread per the title is to show JBJ RL, can we please not derail the thread so others can show off their tanks without having to concern themselves with criticism of the tank brand or their stocking choices. There are plenty of other threads available to voice ones concerns over what one member considers to be the ideal system, this is a show off thread. These types of postings are exactly the reason hobbyist are reluctant to contribute.;)

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The intent of the thread per the title is to show JBJ RL, can we please not derail the thread so others can show off their tanks without having to concern themselves with criticism of the tank brand or their stocking choices. There are plenty of other threads available to voice ones concerns over what one member considers to be the ideal system, this is a show off thread. These types of postings are exactly the reason hobbyist are reluctant to contribute.;)
Well, im done participating. Setting good examples, is something I won't find in this thread.

Reeferey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not jbj but a 29 gal. Biocube up and running over 3 years now, replaced bio balls with reef rock frags, phosguard and chemi pure elite and floss for filtration. Stock cf lights. 1 anemone, pr. of mating clowns, banggai cardinal, bi color blenny, coral beauty and engineer goby...

image.jpg

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm my post doesn't show my picture. I have a JBJ 45 gallon AIO, which by the end of the week will have a trigger systems 20 gallon refugium in the stand. Currently it has a Intank media basket on the right ( which is twice as big as the standard) in it I have Seachem matrix, carbon and purigen as well as singe filter. In the next basket I have a innovative marine mini reactor filled with phosguard. On the left basket is a coralvue PK skimmer ( I didn't go to a tunze skimmer as I'm moving it down into the refugium. There are two Vortech MP10's wavemakers. A waveline 600gph pump that is controlled (as well as the skimmer and Vortechs.) by a full Apex system. As of now I only have a Chinese made SBreeflights knockoff but am going to a zetlight 6500 this weekend

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I take it that that's an anemone yet your system seems to be very young not criticizing just want to know if you are successful with it and what species it is and how you did it

OP
OP
Marktheshark83

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not jbj but a 29 gal. Biocube up and running over 3 years now, replaced bio balls with reef rock frags, phosguard and chemi pure elite and floss for filtration. Stock cf lights. 1 anemone, pr. of mating clowns, banggai cardinal, bi color blenny, coral beauty and engineer goby...

image.jpg
very nice. keep them coming

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's lovely.

What type of lighting?

How in the world do you keep such a clean sand bed?

I use carbon pellets and PhosGuard in the rear filter media basket with a piece of Blue Bonded filter pad on top which I change every couple days. I do a 10 gal water change every two weeks at which time I fluff up the sand bed. The lights are the intermediate LED's which only have 25 14k 1 watt whites and 4 .5 watt blues for 27 total watts. I put a UV on it about 3 months on and three months off. No skimmer or any other filtration.

OP
OP
Marktheshark83

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use carbon pellets and PhosGuard in the rear filter media basket with a piece of Blue Bonded filter pad on top which I change every couple days. I do a 10 gal water change every two weeks at which time I fluff up the sand bed. The lights are the intermediate LED's which only have 25 14k 1 watt whites and 4 .5 watt blues for 27 total watts. I put a UV on it about 3 months on and three months off. No skimmer or any other filtration.
nice. keep it up, looking good. I love the nanocube. I miss my old 24 gallon

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back