Lets talk about live ocean rock and why why we so scared bruh?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh now you want a fire worm? Just don't touch one. The reason the call it a fire worm is because if you touch it your hand feels like it on FIRE!
Yup I do want one now I know I'm kinda crazy like that. But that one you posted has alot of character.

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I read this post the more I feel you gotta be doing something wrong or coming at it sideways I guess.
The only aiptasia I got in my tank are 2 super unique aiptasia that I let live cause I liked them.
Did you not cure your gulf rock and treat it like anything else you would put in your reef that you didn't want undesirables hitchhiking in on?
This is a great puzzle now
Cured in a tote for a month then into a new tank. Aptasia popped up within a few days. Same process I did with my kpa tank. Not sure the relevance if this question though. I'm just trying to find out who sells the best biodiversity rock nowadays as I setup my current tank with dry rock and I've hated the process. Like stated I'm not opposed to gulf rock or Carribean rock. Both are live rock but if there's a clearly better product in a sense if biodiversity then that's what I'm in the market for.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen any real difference between TBS and gulfliverock. (Gulf rock seemed lower quality but thats subjective) I’ve never gotten bobbits or mantis in any of the rock I’ve had from tbs.
Did u snag that 3 month soaked rock?

Bruh Manana wife gets home im gonna crush this thread with rock chock full of life i promise. Anyone that knows me and followed my builds seen the pic of 8" rfa and 3.5' gorgs hanging off the primo gulf rock I ordered.
Hang tight.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I should just leave them alone. It was going for a dead snail. I do know that they mack down on mushrooms.
I don't have mushrooms anymore,
I'll trade you some dope shrooms for that mantis;) I got a few shrooms hanging around;) I'd love to see if one of those worms bothers my healthy shrooms;)
If you look real close you may see one of the cpl lucky aiptasia i let live that don't seem to want to drop babies for me.
20211127_154118.jpg
20211127_154108.jpg
20211126_163814.jpg

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did u snag that 3 month soaked rock?

Bruh Manana wife gets home im gonna crush this thread with rock chock full of life i promise. Anyone that knows me and followed my builds seen the pic of 8" rfa and 3.5' gorgs hanging off the primo gulf rock I ordered.
Hang tight.
This rock is way more than 3 months. You’ve stated that multiple times and it’s been refuted. You seem like you have a personal issue with TBS.

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll trade you some dope shrooms for that mantis;) I got a few shrooms hanging around;) I'd love to see if one of those worms bothers my healthy shrooms;)
If you look real close you may see one of the cpl lucky aiptasia i let live that don't seem to want to drop babies for me.
20211127_154118.jpg
20211127_154108.jpg
20211126_163814.jpg
Beautiful!

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i set up my tank about 2 month ago and the question was live rock or dead. Even though i read plenty of peoples post about bad hitchikers i decided the good will outdo the bad easily. Now i am in Australia and nothing is cheap down here...1 kg Live rock=22AUD... i took 50 kg since i wanted to fill the sump with it too. The amount of life in it is amazing.
I counted so far 1 LPS coral(might be a galaxy),a couple zoanthids, sponghes, banded brittle star, 2 rock boring urchins, serpent star, clams, multiple crabs, bristle worm, copepots(to many to count), purple sea cucumber, featherworms, pistol shrimp, so many different worms and other organisms. Sometimes i get up at night when i cant sleep and shine the toch in the tank...lol...

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211127_154118.jpg
20211127_154108.jpg
20211126_163814.jpg
Well, I cant have shrimp because the Mantis eats them. I don't like crabs. I think I should just get a Trigger Fish.
I wonder if Triggers eat fire worms? I do like start fish though. I bet Triggers eat mantis s

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This rock is way more than 3 months. You’ve stated that multiple times and it’s been refuted. You seem like you have a personal issue with TBS.
No sir just bringing relevance to posts shall we?
I've been here for 3 yrs on this site. Its always all the other vendors fan boys posting about how great other vendors rock is and dragging gulf live rock through the dirt in the process.
Are you another vendors fan boy is the question?
I have nothing to gain. I'm not associated with glr in the least. I bought my rock. Cured it. You see it?
You can find all my posts on my glr my experience is open book
You kinda came in here with an aiptaisia beef with glr from what I see?
I happen to like my aiptaisa i got
Kinda wish I could get them to drop babies for me now
Anyhow show me some better rock and any age soak now im supremely confident you won't be able to unless your vendors is sourcing rock from glr?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been here for 3 yrs on this site. Its always all the other vendors fan boys posting about how great other vendors rock is and dragging gulf live rock through the dirt in the process.
I have nothing to gain. I'm not associated with glr in the least. I bought my rock. Cured it. You see it?
Anyhow show me some better rock and any age soak now im supremely confident you won't be able to unless your vendors is sourcing rock from glr?

Chill Relax GIF

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i set up my tank about 2 month ago and the question was live rock or dead. Even though i read plenty of peoples post about bad hitchikers i decided the good will outdo the bad easily. Now i am in Australia and nothing is cheap down here...1 kg Live rock=22AUD... i took 50 kg since i wanted to fill the sump with it too. The amount of life in it is amazing.
I counted so far 1 LPS coral(might be a galaxy),a couple zoanthids, sponghes, banded brittle star, 2 rock boring urchins, serpent star, clams, multiple crabs, bristle worm, copepots(to many to count), purple sea cucumber, featherworms, pistol shrimp, so many different worms and other organisms. Sometimes i get up at night when i cant sleep and shine the toch in the tank...lol...
Welcome to real ocean rock:)

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use gulf rock again just wouldn’t be my first choice. KP has great stuff too. I never got aiptasia on my gulf rock, you’re confusing me with someone else. I don’t know what relevance how long you’ve been on the forum has. You accuse people of being fanboys when you’re fanboying hard for GLR. :p

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a few belt loops open hahaha much love love man I gotta call it how I see it from experience at this point:)

I mean. I have KP premo and it looks very different to what I’ve seen of glrs premo. Not a bad thing. I just prefer the porosity of what I got versus what I’ve seen.

doesn’t make one better than the other. It’s actually a good thing to have different choices. Means more options for newer people like me to actually get my hands on aquacultured rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back