Lets talk about live ocean rock and why why we so scared bruh?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use gulf rock again just wouldn’t be my first choice. KP has great stuff too. I never got aiptasia on my gulf rock, you’re confusing me with someone else. I don’t know what relevance how long you’ve been on the forum has. You accuse people of being fanboys when you’re fanboying hard for GLR. :p
I like KP!!! :cool:

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use gulf rock again just wouldn’t be my first choice. KP has great stuff too. I never got aiptasia on my gulf rock, you’re confusing me with someone else. I don’t know what relevance how long you’ve been on the forum has. You accuse people of being fanboys when you’re fanboying hard for GLR. :p
Sorry that was blanket statement for all other vendors fanboys that aren't rocking gulf rock and putting it down but can't show me any rock thats better.
Not sorry if your a fan boy of other rock

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be that other guy calling it how it is everyday of the week no matter what make no mistakes.

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that was blanket statement for all other vendors fanboys that aren't rocking gulf rock and putting it down but can't show me any rock thats better.
Not sorry if your a fan boy of other rock
In my eyes all 3 vendors are solid with their own plus and minus for each.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my eyes all 3 vendors are solid with their own plus and minus for each.
Like I said I have no stake in any of them. Just calling it how I see it across the board realisticly. Until I see better more diverse rock chock full of life from any of them. I dont want to hear any of them have better rock than the gulf. I wouldnt have cared but I see the hate and fanboying and its kinda embarrassing honestly.

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far from what I've gathered is glr has the best prices and availability of package sizes at the moment. Tbs and Kpa don't even have any in stock at the moment lol. Kinda makes my decision easier i guess. Are these the big 3 or is there any other places to compare?

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may order some kp rock just for the diversity of undesirable critters;)
Im actually sold on this is my best path to a mantis shrimp now haha
I got a Bobbit from kpa if your in the market for one of them as well.

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far from what I've gathered is glr has the best prices and availability of package sizes at the moment. Tbs and Kpa don't even have any in stock at the moment lol. Kinda makes my decision easier i guess. Are these the big 3 or is there any other places to compare?
TBS has stock. I just ordered more this weekend. Email them!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no other with better rock ive been searching for it for too long. Especially researching the rock other vendors sell when fanboys come on board throwing hate at gulf live rock.

Gulf live rock is best rock hands down.
Prove me wrong.
I'm back on the original intention again haha

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you still have it ill take it:)
I wish that was years ago in my old biocube and those contents are long gone. I have a 65 now that I started with dry rock. What a mistake that was. I have a 120 build and I'm transferring all my contents but I want some live rock to add to the scape so I need to get something soon to start curing it before the transfer. Anybody on the fence about dry vs live just go with live. I had much less problems with the hitchhikers vs trying to establish painted rock. My rock now is covered in coraline and what not but it was a pain in the a** to get it to this point. 20211127_163546.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standalone $9 per pound. Cheaper if you’re buying “the package”
Think I seen gulf live rock deals at close to $2dollars or less per pound when buying in bulk. Not sure about now but either way I'd pay that money up front for legit ocean rock reef tank all day long.
All im running with my girl rock is-
Skimmer;) Not even sure if I really need it but gives me peace of mind lol

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish that was years ago in my old biocube and those contents are long gone. I have a 65 now that I started with dry rock. What a mistake that was. I have a 120 build and I'm transferring all my contents but I want some live rock to add to the scape so I need to get something soon to start curing it before the transfer. Anybody on the fence about dry vs live just go with live. I had much less problems with the hitchhikers vs trying to establish painted rock. My rock now is covered in coraline and what not but it was a pain in the a** to get it to this point. 20211127_163546.jpg
Very nice

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had nutrient issues with my live rock tanks in the past. This dry rock tank bounced all over the place and even bottomed out and I got dinos at one point. Never ever seen dinos with my live rock tanks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back