Let's talk about the hanna meters....

sowellj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem at all. Life happens.
John

Man I will try tonight sowellj.... Just working non stop and barely feed the tank lately lol....
I go in a 4am and work till 5pm then off to my sons baseball untill 9pm and do it all over the next day...:( guess I shouldn't complain good money right before Christmas lol...

sowellj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ... I pmd the Hannah rep but no response. I was hoping to get some feedback/dialog started on these units.

DML08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the regent I got....
495ef868.jpg
I assume these Reagents are okay to use with the Hanna checker?

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
----------------------Update---------------------------

So, seeing as how the powdered reagents measured alk lower than it actually was, and the cuvettes leaked, Hanna has taken care of the shortcomings and I am now glad to say that this checker is well worth the money. I had to go through some headaches, not to mention testing my patience but it has paid off.

The alkalinity checker now has liquid reagents, new cuvettes with caps that don't leak and a much much much quicker testing process. There is no more 2 minute timer, no waiting or shaking the cuvettes, and no under-valued alkalinity measurement.

The process goes.... add 10mL of tank water into the cuvette, put into the checker and press a button, take out cuvette and add 1mL of testing solution, invert 5 times, put back into checker, press button again and voila your alkalinity is displayed. I love it and am happy I was patient and didnt send the thing back. I tested against a Salifert kit and it was dead on so I am very confident that it is now not only precise but accurate
1.gif
Just thought I would share.

Dr.Venkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the better threads I've read in awhile! I hope that as more of newer alkalinity checkers get out there that people can post their results. The alk tester was on my christmas list, if I find it under the tree we'll see if it wants to behave. Merry Christmas All!

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do we have any update on if the phosphate or phosphorus checkers have been fixed or if they claim they work better yet?

I would really love a better way to check my PO4 and cant wait for this to be accurate.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how Hanna hasn't said anything to confirm of any changes to their Phosphate meter problem? This is pretty unprofessional from a business stand point IMHO.

If Hanna can confirm whatever needs to be replaced then this thread wouldn't drag on & on and plus I don't have to read this far to get a "No Response Still" from Hanna ... sad :squigglemouth:

Paul

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there not gonna respond because the meters are perfect from the side....:( as long as they are selling there not gonna address the issue at hand....when the money stops pouring in they will start looking for answers and hopefully give us some answers....

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
----------------------Update---------------------------

So, seeing as how the powdered reagents measured alk lower than it actually was, and the cuvettes leaked, Hanna has taken care of the shortcomings and I am now glad to say that this checker is well worth the money. I had to go through some headaches, not to mention testing my patience but it has paid off.

The alkalinity checker now has liquid reagents, new cuvettes with caps that don't leak and a much much much quicker testing process. There is no more 2 minute timer, no waiting or shaking the cuvettes, and no under-valued alkalinity measurement.

The process goes.... add 10mL of tank water into the cuvette, put into the checker and press a button, take out cuvette and add 1mL of testing solution, invert 5 times, put back into checker, press button again and voila your alkalinity is displayed. I love it and am happy I was patient and didnt send the thing back. I tested against a Salifert kit and it was dead on so I am very confident that it is now not only precise but accurate
1.gif
Just thought I would share.

I got mine and it is giving me a reading of 300 ppm, or 16.8 meq/l. My salifert test says 8.5 meq/l and the powder reagent Hanna says 225 ppm or 12.5 mel/q.

corals look fine and healthy. I am considering going back to API testing......

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back