Lionfish?

nherman2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a 29 gallon saltwater tank and would like a lionfish. Thus would be the only fish in the tank. What tyes are awesome look and bigger than something like a Fu Manchu?

OP
OP
N

nherman2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a fu manchu and fuzzy dwarf in a 30g for 2 years and used to think they were fine. They were fat and happy, and didn't seemed to cramped or stir crazy. I even thought in retrospect after I moved them into a 90, that they would have been fine in that 30 indefinitely. Now after being in the 90 for 2 years, I take that back, they really do enjoy the additional room. So now I would say a 50 is a more adequate tank for dwarf lion.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you did some more research you would find that Live Aquaria tends to exagerate. Im not tryung to be rude but Live Aquaria is showing you what is ideal not just livable.
Yes, but do you want to provide a tank that is just livable ;)??

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fuzzy dwarf in my 300g and that guy likes to move around quite a bit. I don't think he'd be very comfortable in a 29g. Just my opinion of course. Do some research, there are other options like anglers that would be a good choice by themselves in that size tank.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep 7 Discus in a 75 and I'd say thier ok so... meh

I understand you're new here and a young hobbyist. May I suggest to try and do plenty of research on all of the animals you intend to keep. Saltwater is quite a bit different than freshwater. Also, we are here to help each other out so try and be open minded.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you did some more research you would find that Live Aquaria tends to exagerate. Im not tryung to be rude but Live Aquaria is showing you what is ideal not just livable.
I'd disagree and say many of their recommendations on saltwater fish are spot on, some even a bit generous.

Saltwater fish are different than freshwater, as mentioned already.

Maybe sell off your discus and convert that 75g to a saltwater tank, you will have more options with the larger tank.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept a fuzzy in a JBJ nanocube. It's tight, but I wouldn't have a problem doing it again with the proper aquascaping.

OP
OP
N

nherman2002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand you're new here and a young hobbyist. May I suggest to try and do plenty of research on all of the animals you intend to keep. Saltwater is quite a bit different than freshwater. Also, we are here to help each other out so try and be open minded.

Ok thanks for the advice, sorry if I sounded rude.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back