*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

KayKaytn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to see something on coral groupings. For example, I know you can put different types of euhphylia together, but what about different types of SPS, etc.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not read through all 25 pages, so this might have been covered before. But in researching my new tank, a 100.3 Reef, I I was constantly looking for more videos on that specific model.

I wonder if you could could have a section - Vlog your Tank - Where members can sign up for thee ability to do a 5 min segment on their setup. Their like's, their dislikes, their challenges, their success. It does not matter about the quality of video really, most folks these days have a phone that's capable of recording decent footage. The last person to post nominates the next person etc etc. Great content for the site, great content for the members!

You could call it Reef2Reef TV, you could even have guest speakers, folks putting vlog type articles together. If this is already being done or covered I do apologize :)

Chac317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this has been mentioned somewhere else but it would be cool to have a reef makeover idea. Maybe some pros go to neglected tanks and fix them up. Or maybe I watch too much hgtv!

SaltyDawgOH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see schedules of when experienced reefers test and how their results effects their dosing

brawthy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that exploring some additional spectrums would be helpful. I know that EcoTech does some of this behind the scenes, but if we could crowd source some corals and really put some stuff to the test that'd be great!

TKBIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral feeding schedules, what to feed, how often and how for common corals.

Information on water temp. There seemed to be different optimal water temps and still not sure mine is the best for coral growth.

Clean up crew recommendations.

Best equipment or must have equipment for a general reef tank and what to add on in some kind of ranking. Example I assume a protein skimmer is a must have, but would it be best to add a calcium reactor or a uv light next as budget allows. Kind of a path to building up your tank to the expensive equipment.

Thanks!

Kingfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how practical it is, but it would be cool if you could address like specific issues with corals and what steps to take when things start to go wrong. LIke tissue receeding in lps corals, stuff like that.

HiBRiD109

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see how corals are doing in the wild and how some people are rebuilding them. I would also like to see how people all over the world run/manage their reef tanks.

ThatFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be a cool idea to "review" (I guess you would call it that) different reef ecosystems around the would and see how they vary, like color wise, structure wise, etc.

rppvt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​

NoLobster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome to see some really unique tanks that are theme based! It would be cool to see people with established tanks that have unique setups that fit for the specific species they choose to inhabit their tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back