Luke33's Acrylic 180g SPS Adventures

amashun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Adrian, hope to see a build thread from you one of these days.
WOW Luke, sorry i was too excited to see your pictures and definitely missed your recent post about the changes.
Congrats for the baby man, you are definitely made the right decision. good on you mate.

as you know i'm still taking a break from the hobby since 2010 or 2011? i'm planning to start a 3ft tank (90 gallon?) sometime this year and slowly buying gears again because my sons ask me to start up a tank for them. (do you see that will happen to you too when the kid grow up? lol our kids were born to have the fish tank DNA.)
so chin up buddy, having a break from the hobby is great, as you have seen on FB we travel alot and archive a lot of things when don't have a fish tank around ;Woot so it is actually pros and cons. i have noticed there are lots of changes in the hobby's communication too, but i will definitely starting a thread here when the tank is up and running so i can catch up with some old good friends like you.

keep in touch mate and hope everything go smooth on the relocation

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news about the baby and new job.When is the baby due?That is sad news about shutting down the tanks.Maybe in the near future you can start over.Did you sell your equipment also?

Thanks Gary, May 20th is the due date. I'm keeping my tanks but selling my t5 light and keeping everything else. I think I'll set up the smaller tank in the unfinished basement once we settle into the new house.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW Luke, sorry i was too excited to see your pictures and definitely missed your recent post about the changes.
Congrats for the baby man, you are definitely made the right decision. good on you mate.

as you know i'm still taking a break from the hobby since 2010 or 2011? i'm planning to start a 3ft tank (90 gallon?) sometime this year and slowly buying gears again because my sons ask me to start up a tank for them. (do you see that will happen to you too when the kid grow up? lol our kids were born to have the fish tank DNA.)
so chin up buddy, having a break from the hobby is great, as you have seen on FB we travel alot and archive a lot of things when don't have a fish tank around ;Woot so it is actually pros and cons. i have noticed there are lots of changes in the hobby's communication too, but i will definitely starting a thread here when the tank is up and running so i can catch up with some old good friends like you.

keep in touch mate and hope everything go smooth on the relocation

Good to hear Adrian, can't wait to see the build! I hear ya about the break, it's just going to be rough with no tank and not living on the lake all at once. But I somehow think I'll be busy....

amashun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy is not the right word for first time dad...lol i just don't know how to describe it. you basically dont have time at all.
BTW, just curious on your tank consumption, how much ALK and CA your tank consume per day? do you find it hard to keep up with the mix?

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had issues keeping up with two part, was dosing around 50-60 ml of calc and alk per day. My fish are all going out today and the tank will officially be drained by this evening.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back