OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning I wanted it up top next to tank but was limited on space. It's in my livingroom. But it's a well designed layout. Lifereef made the sump fuge skimmer
Oh cool....but I don't think I have a life reef budget any more lol....

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone....I got an update....I spoke with ron from ora....and he says that that may have some psychedelic mandys by the end of the year.... I have been dosing my sump once a week with pods but I am going to do a separate tank just for the mandys.... so stay tuned and hopefully I can give an animal that is difficult to feed a good solid home....

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b60d468e06c07404fc7f80025024edd7.jpg

Well this little guy has been in my tank a week now. Yesterday he finally ate some live brine. He also ate a small piece of mysis also by accident while eating brine. Don't think he realized what he ate. But when their feeding anything that moves in the area around them usually get eaten. This guy is super small. He can get in between the tight packed corals. Sometimes I see him going nuts feeding on pods.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b60d468e06c07404fc7f80025024edd7.jpg

Well this little guy has been in my tank a week now. Yesterday he finally ate some live brine. He also ate a small piece of mysis also by accident while eating brine. Don't think he realized what he ate. But when their feeding anything that moves in the area around them usually get eaten. This guy is super small. He can get in between the tight packed corals. Sometimes I see him going nuts feeding on pods.
Awesome to hear that he coming along well....good luck with him...

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice.... love the way the lighting pulled the color our lol....or a good photo shop...lol....still very nice

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone update on my ORA mandys....I spoke to ORA again via email And I have decided to go with a 75 gallon set up as a second display and a mated pair of spotted mandys.... in my main tank the pods are still thriving but the population is not growing because everybody in the tank just loves them lol... QUOTING ORA.... they said that they may have some available in December and right now they have scooters available...They that I may consider a scooter to practice for my mandys but I humbly decided....

The seeding of tisbe pods went well... I don't add phytoplankton just light for algae....

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIRTY WATER FROM PURCHASING COPEPODS LOCALLY AND ONLINE...

I BOUGHT A GALLON OF PODS AND BRINE SHRIMP FROM A CLOWN FISH BREEDER IN TOWN AT A GOOD PRICE 80 BUCKS BUT THE WATER WAS REALLY DIRTY OF COURSE FROM THE OLD PHYTO AND POD WASTE.... IT MESSED WITH MY PARAMETERS A BIT BUT I WAS ABLE TO GET THE PODS SEEDED..... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND EXCEPTING DIRTY POD WATER TO SEED YOUR TANKS WITH PODS...

Below are all the pods that I will use to seed my 75 gallon....PLUS the pellets the ORA TRAINS THEIR MANDYS ON....I chose these pods because you can see them running around without phyto.....I RECOMMEND BUYING PODS AND PHYTO SEPERATE SO YOU CAN MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALIVE....

p-reefpods.jpg

reynaldoramon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone update on my ORA mandys....I spoke to ORA again via email And I have decided to go with a 75 gallon set up as a second display and a mated pair of spotted mandys.... in my main tank the pods are still thriving but the population is not growing because everybody in the tank just loves them lol... QUOTING ORA.... they said that they may have some available in December and right now they have scooters available...They that I may consider a scooter to practice for my mandys but I humbly decided....

The seeding of tisbe pods went well... I don't add phytoplankton just light for algae....
Are buying direct from ORA? I thought they only sold wholesale, and not to general public.

reynaldoramon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one order their Mandy from Vivid Aquarium? I've never ordered anything from them, but they have an option to buy pairs.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 48 41.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back