OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEY GUYS THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE THUS FAR....

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sad day....I went to the pet store today to get my ORA mandy ordered and poof....three green MANDYS were sitting there starving.... the young kid working at the store took the wholesalers word that they would be ok with eating what they were feeding all the other fish..... cheap flakes until someone buys them.....it was not the kids fault.... it was the wholesaler and the manger of the store's fault... I convinced him to sale me all three for 20 bucks...and I'm hoping to get some meat on there bones.... I have found a local pod farm only 5 minutes away from me so wish the three MANDYS luck..... if I can get them pecking at the pods then they have a chance...I will take pics as soon as I get them settled.... ON A GOOD NOTE I CORDINATED MY ORA MANDY TODAY... MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS OF SO FOR ORA TO HAVE THE HAND FULL AVAILABLE...but I will keep the Mandy lovers posted....thx for all the knowledge shared thus far....

Crystalsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imwent out and got my mandy a girlfriend yesterday. Went to my lfs just to waste some time between my jobs, and same thing, a pretty green mandy swimming, but starting have show a caved in belly. I ran home, got my bank card and paid for yer right there and had them hold her until i was off work. My mandy took to her right away. It was very interesting how excited he became when i introduced the bag for acclimation. Then when she was released it took about 2 mins of him searching, and bam! That dorsal fin of his popped right up. Was very funny, they havent been more than 4 inches awa6 from each other since. I want to gets her fattened upna bit, then i will post pics. I have changed his name too. He has gone from Mandy to Romeo, and now he has a Juliet.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imwent out and got my mandy a girlfriend yesterday. Went to my lfs just to waste some time between my jobs, and same thing, a pretty green mandy swimming, but starting have show a caved in belly. I ran home, got my bank card and paid for yer right there and had them hold her until i was off work. My mandy took to her right away. It was very interesting how excited he became when i introduced the bag for acclimation. Then when she was released it took about 2 mins of him searching, and bam! That dorsal fin of his popped right up. Was very funny, they havent been more than 4 inches awa6 from each other since. I want to gets her fattened upna bit, then i will post pics. I have changed his name too. He has gone from Mandy to Romeo, and now he has a Juliet.
AWESOME STORY MAN THANKS FOR SHARING.....can't wait to see pics

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK GREAT NEWS... THE 3 RESCUE MANDYS ARE SETTLED AND THEY ARE GOING TO TOWN ON TRIGGER COPEPODS AND TISBE COPEPODS...
HERE IS ONE OF THE RESCUES CATCHING UP ON SOME MISSED MEALS

Last edited:
OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE.... UNFORTUNATELY THE LOCAL SHOPS HERE WILL NOT BUY ANY STOCK FROM ORA FOR SOME REASON....AND I CAN'T BUY FROM ORA DIRECTLY WHAT A BUMMER... BUT I DID WORK WITH A LOCAL SHOP AND SUPPLIER PERSONALLY TO GET MY 3 SPOTTED MANDYS... THEY WILL BE HER TOMMORROW OR FRIDAY.... THE TANK IS HEAVY WITH LIVE PODS BOTH IN THE SUMP, DISPLAY TANK AND I HAVE SOME CULTURING NOW....I DID EXPRESS TO THE FARM AND SHOP THAT I WILL NOT EXCEPT ANY MANDY WITH A SUNKEN IN BELLY....THE BREEDER PROMISED ME AND THE SHOP THAT THEY WILL BE HEALTY WITH A FULL BELLY WHEN THEY ARRIVE ..... SO WISH THEM LUCK

jonas helsted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having great succes mine eats almost everyting. But u dint introduce it in the beginning tank was about 1 year old.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having great succes mine eats almost everyting. But u dint introduce it in the beginning tank was about 1 year old.
THANKS FOR SHARING...CAN YOU PLEASE POST UP SOME VIDEO OF YOUR MANDY EATING DIFFERENT FOODS WHEN YOU GET A MINUTE.. and please give a list of what you are feeding it.... it could really help someone...

jonas helsted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS FOR SHARING...CAN YOU PLEASE POST UP SOME VIDEO OF YOUR MANDY EATING DIFFERENT FOODS WHEN YOU GET A MINUTE.. and please give a list of what you are feeding it.... it could really help someone...

Ill try at some point. Mine is pretty shy though so cant pomise i can catch it on video but mostly is Atemia flozen food it eats. It has done it from the store so dint teach it My self.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try at some point. Mine is pretty shy though so cant pomise i can catch it on video but mostly is Atemia flozen food it eats. It has done it from the store so dint teach it My self.

Lol....yep they will hide from you lol...thanks I will look up the food source....

jonas helsted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the Best video he is shy always hides When u Come over. Hope it get Better in My new tank i have ordered.

Hope it Will do for now ill try make it Better at somepoint.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... I have took the time to buy a sample of everything available in my area and you now can add me to the list of people that believe that the WILD CAUGHT mandarins will only eat live copepods....

The list of things that did not work were
1. Frozen Mysis
2. Frozen brine
3. Frozen krill
4. Blood worms

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I WILL SAY THOUGH THAT THE FROZEN LARGER FOOD IS A GREAT WAY TO DISTRACT THE COMPETING FISH, CRABS AND SHRIMP... THIS WAY THE MANDYS CAN PICK AWAY AT THE SMALL LIVE TRIGGER AND TISBE COPEPODS... I SUGGEST THAT YOU FEED THEM THE VARIOUS TYPES COPEPODS and have the pods at all stages of their life cycle....

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE ON THE THREE RESCUE MANDYS..... THEY ALL DIED.... THEY WERE TO FAR GONE... EVEN WITH THE BEST CARE WE CANT KEEP THEM ALIVE WITH THE SUNKEN STOMACHS.... SO AS A REMINDER... IF YOU SEE A MANDY IN THE STORE STARVING.... JUST LEAVE IT.....

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME STORY MAN THANKS FOR SHARING.....can't wait to see pics
UPDATE ON THE THREE RESCUE MANDYS..... THEY ALL DIED.... THEY WERE TO FAR GONE... EVEN WITH THE BEST CARE WE CANT KEEP THEM ALIVE WITH THE SUNKEN STOMACHS.... SO AS A REMINDER... IF YOU SEE A MANDY IN THE STORE STARVING.... JUST LEAVE IT.....
Really sorry to hear they didn't make it.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear they didn't make it.

OH MY GOD.... I CANT EXPLAIN THIS BUT THEY ARE ALIVE SOME HOW... I CAME HOME AND I SEEN THEM SLIGHTLY MOVING SO I PUT THEM DIRECTLY INTO MY COPEPOD TANK.... IM QUITE SURE THEY DONT HIBERNATE LOL....

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back