Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck?? this is from channel 3, a local cbs affiliate in SW michigan:

MICHIGAN (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Senator John McCain has said that he is pulling out of Michigan, according to Republicans sources.

McCain will stop airing television advertisements in Michigan, stop his mailings in the state and send key staff to states that are more competitive, such as Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida.

Democrat John Kerry won Michigan in 2004, but McCain had tried to make it a target to switch parties this year amid economic problems in the state.

Recent polls have shown that Senator Barack Obama has extended his lead in Michigan, driven by a struggling economy in a state hit hard by economic troubles.

A McCain event planned for Plymouth, Michigan has also been canceled.

no sense in even trying, i guess.... what about for the mccain supporters??????

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be sweet if he just won all of them!

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think reagan in 84 was the biggest electoral landslide in recent memory. He even won california which the gop probably won't win again in our lifetimes.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why he would pull out campaign resources out of Michigan, The Michigan RC will still be spending money. I heard on radio that they didn't expect Mccain to come to Michigan as much as he did....Hard to compete with the bastion of Liberalism that we have over on the east side of the state.....That has won it for the Dems in the most recent elections while the west side almost always goes the other way......The problem is that people think that the bad state of affairs here in Michigan is Bush's fault as opposed to the fools in Lansing Granholm being the biggest.

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the Media is trowing more fuel into the fire they are bias to Obama I like what ConcreteReefer posted read the facts he got some good ones and yes i GOOGLE it and they where true just my OPINION

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more that comes out about this bailout package and why this all happened the more and more the Dems and Obama are going to look bad......Obama for the days he was an ACORN attorney suing Mortgage companies for discrimination because they didn't want to give out sub-prime loans due to the risk.So they sued....We guess what happened ACORN won in court and forced mortgage companies to abide by the '96 law passed by who? Bill Clinton which amended the 1977 law....Over the passed 7 years Republicans have tried to get laws passed to regulate it more and guess who stood in the way each and every time?

Last edited:

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more that comes out about this bailout package and why this all happened the more and more the Dems and Obama are going to look bad......Obama for the days he was an ACORN attorney suing Mortgage companies for discrimination because they didn't want to give out sub-prime loans due to the risk.So they sued....We guess what happened ACORN won in court and forced mortgage companies to abide by the '96 law passed by who? Bill Clinton which amended the 1977 law....Over the passed 7 years Republicans have tried to get laws passed to regulate it more and guess who stood in the way each and every time?

no say it isn't so!!! That can't be right...Bush is the cause of ALL our nations problems. I know it's all Bush's fault I saw it on CNN!!!

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that people think that the bad state of affairs here in Michigan is Bush's fault as opposed to the fools in Lansing Granholm being the biggest.

Nah, I think the bad state of affairs in the country in general is Bush's fault. Michigan has its own problems on top of the macroeconomic ones.

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone!

While most everyone and every political thread has been well mannered, we as the staff here at R2R have decided that we are going to close all political threads and prevent any new ones from starting. We would appreciate your help and support in this decision. We appreciate you all and do believe in your right to speech, but there are other political based forums for you to do this. We want everyone of us to remain friends and keep the focus of this community reef oriented.

Thank you for your participation here at R2R and for your support in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back