Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we might not be that impressed if we had a bikini picture of her. ;p

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea rg I think you missed the point of me posting in the thread: it is my position that if you're blindly biased to one side you're being incredibly naïve. I think you illustrated that fairly well in your rebuttals. Hassert working for mccain shouldn't cloud some of the facts he details. You wrote that as if there are news sources that aren't clearly leaning one way or the other. Then you counter with an article from the NYT of all sources--talk about a credibility issue. So please, don't lecture on "did you even read..." when you can't even get past my original intent of acknowledging there is enough blame to go around. Maybe I'm just jealous that I can't be as passionate about one sides transgressions not being as bad as the other sides transgressions as you are. Ohhhh the joys of an election year.

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm,tryin' to bite my tongue.It is my understandig,more mone from "loan lobbiest's went to other side including the chairman on the banking committe(what's his name,RG?)and also to the Osama people.
Of course this is what I have read.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why cant we just all get along and vote for McCain!

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been tagging along but it is hard to jump in when I don't have time to get a bunch of links to go along with my posts:wink: But here goes...
Osama, Obama all about the same from what I read and see. If you look at things he and his wife have written it is a little scary!! Have we forgotten about his racist, extremist pastor?? How can someone who preaches hate be a man of GOD?? Kind of a contradiction to me. It is a line of bull if you think they didn't know that's how he felt. One minute he is a close family friend then it's ohhh we didn't know he felt that way. That situation burned me bad. Really scares me that someone who apparently is ok with that kind of racist talk could lead our country. But for some reason that topic has just gone away...

I agree the rep party has gotten us in a mess. I do think it has been a crappy 8 years to have to lead this country. With all the bad things going on around the world and in our country. There were a lot of decisions that had to be made and a lot of them were not handled properly. But others didn't really have a good choice. Like with sept 11th. There was just no good way to handle it. Something had to be done but there just wasn't a good choice. That was not a time for diplomacy it was a time of action. I do think the bush admin has made some terrible mistakes but I also believe some of the decisions made were the right ones just the outcome sucked!!

I don't like either choice for the upcoming election. For me it is finding the lesser of the two evils. For me it falls on which candidate I feel is more closely aligned with my moral values and has the best interest of out country at heart. For me that will be McCain/Palin.

You can't put too much weight into the promises they all talk about during election time. Most will never come to fruition. They know what sells votes and that is what they are after. You just have to weed through all the media hype and BS and try to decide which person you believe will make the better decisions.

It is nice to see a thread get this long about politics and still be civil. We all have different opinions and should be able to voice them. Agree to disagree, that is one of the things that makes this country great.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why cant we just all get along and vote for McCain!

Love your av. I have that bumper sticker on my jeep...and my gas sucking suburban!!:bigsmile:

I am sure everyone has seen the interview where Biden talks down on the dem party for the ad about McCain and computers. Not exactly smart to slam your own party in an interview. I know he has tried to retract and smooth things back over but what's done is done.

I wish both parties would stop the negative ads and just focus on themselves not their opponent

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm

Since we're pointing fingers and trying to meet in the middle:

Loan Titans Paid McCain Adviser Nearly $2 Million

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics/22mccain.html

Of the 354 lawmakers who received money from Freddie and Fannie between 1989 and 2008, Sen. Chris Dodd received the most. But next was . . . drumroll . . . Barack Obama. Yup. And he was only there for three years. Not too much went to John McCain, about a sixth of what Obama received (h/t Glenn Reynolds

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm

Since we're pointing fingers and trying to meet in the middle:

Loan Titans Paid McCain Adviser Nearly $2 Million

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics/22mccain.html

Of the 354 lawmakers who received money from Freddie and Fannie between 1989 and 2008, Sen. Chris Dodd received the most. But next was . . . drumroll . . . Barack Obama. Yup. And he was only there for three years. Not too much went to John McCain, about a sixth of what Obama received (h/t Glenn Reynolds:crossedlips:

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe Do you have a picture of her in a bikini?
palingun1.jpg
palin4.jpg
See sources here: http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/palin.asp

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not even a good photoshop.But HOTTTTTT

Last edited:

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top one's funny. They should just get Tina Fey to pose, no one would know the difference. ;p

OP
OP
EliteReefs

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They busted the links........ I'll try again

sp.jpg

the sad thing about this pics is it is not even a real gun. it is a bb gun. if that was palin trust me it would be real lol

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should photo-shop her in a bikini with a huge gun shooting a polar bear with an oil well in the background. I'm not good at any of that but maybe someone has some time on their hands. hehe

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your av. I have that bumper sticker on my jeep...and my gas sucking suburban!!:bigsmile:

I am sure everyone has seen the interview where Biden talks down on the dem party for the ad about McCain and computers. Not exactly smart to slam your own party in an interview. I know he has tried to retract and smooth things back over but what's done is done.

I wish both parties would stop the negative ads and just focus on themselves not their opponent

Thanks! I saw it and could not resist. People look down on all of the gas sucking vehicles. I have a Dodge Ram with a Hemi and would not give it up. Also, for the people that look down on the gas sucking vehicles, please remember that when you purchase a vehicles most people have to finance it. So, a lot of these vehicles were purchased when fuel was not all that expensive. Try taking a large truck, Hummer or Suburban to a car dealer and trade it in... For one thing many people are in the hole on there vehicles if the vehicle is only a couple years old. So, if you take that gas guzzler to a dealer to trade it in on something that is more fuel effecient you are going to tack on at least a couple thousand to your new loan. By the time you do that just keep the gas guzzler and you will almost break even in the end.

This a fine example of the crap hybrid cars. You pay an extra $7000-$8000 for the hybrid engine. Over the time that you finance the car you will be lucky to save that amount in gas. If you are worried about the environment drive a fuel powered car. When these battery powered/hybrid cars become more popular and people have accidents in them, I am thinking that battery acid all over the highway might cause environment issues???

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean reefer. I have 3 kids 5 and under. I need the room of my suburban. I love the truck but hate the expense that goes with it. Even with the high cost of fuel I don't want to get rid of it. All that room is great with young kids. Also I feel my family is more safe in it. And your right about the trade in...I work at a GM dealer so trust me I know!! I think the hybrid thing will get better with time - gice it 5-10 more years.

Did you look at the shirts at nobama.com?? They are great!!

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amen Brothers
0710dp_02_sstuckey_racingsmokin1.jpg

Somebody has to burn that nasty diesel;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 92 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back