Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats funny. She looks and talks just like Palin.

teesquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does she keep a reef tank? .... ANybody know??? Then - why is this even being talked about here? Aren't there forums on the internet for such??

Not trying to tick anyone off, just trying to make sense of how Ms. Palin's campaign - or any other's for that matter has ANYTHING to do with our reef tanks.....

Can we not use this forum to ESCAPE the mad. crazy, insanity of this politically driven and economic depressing time???? PLEASE?
T

OP
OP
EliteReefs

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does she keep a reef tank? .... ANybody know??? Then - why is this even being talked about here? Aren't there forums on the internet for such??

Not trying to tick anyone off, just trying to make sense of how Ms. Palin's campaign - or any other's for that matter has ANYTHING to do with our reef tanks.....

Can we not use this forum to ESCAPE the mad. crazy, insanity of this politically driven and economic depressing time???? PLEASE?
T

up to Date this has been a very civil and mature conversation. as long as it stays that way and threads like this do not become pasted all over the forums and as long as they are in the proper forum i see no problems. dont like? dont read. it really is that simple.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
up to Date this has been a very civil and mature conversation. as long as it stays that way and threads like this do not become pasted all over the forums and as long as they are in the proper forum i see no problems. dont like? dont read. it really is that simple.

Yeah people here actually usually behave themselves.

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in the lounge it doesn't have to be reef related :biggrin:

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subject: Obama to campaign in all 57 states

From Rush Limbaugh's
radio show yesterday.....

Hey, folks, you want to tweak
the Drive-By Media with me right = now?

You are aware, probably, that Barack Obama lost his bearings recently and said that he going to campaign in all 57 states.

You heard this? And most everybody chalked it up to, 'Well, he's tired.'

You know, this is a Dan Quayle moment. I mean, Dan Quayle goes out there and misspells 'potato,' and we still hear jokes about it.

Barack Obama says he's gonna go out and campaign in 57 states! He was just tired, you know, it's been such a long campaign, he's been so many places, he probably thinks there are 57 states.

Well, I have here a printout from a web site called the International Humanist and Ethical Union. And here is how the second paragraph of an article on that website begins.

'Every year from 1999 to 2005 the organization of the Islamic conference representing the 57 Islamic states presented a resolution to the United Nations Commission on human rights called commbating.'

Obama said he's going to campaign in 57 states, and it turns out that there are 57 Islamic states.

There are 57 Islamic states! So did Obama just lose his bearings, or was this a more telling slip, ladies and gentlemen?

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thats a stretch. lol I wondered when he said that if he was including places like Guam and Puerto Rico. Do protectorates vote too?

Did Limbaugh say anything about how McCain invented the blackberry?

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a stretch but then again when has anyone else referred to the USA having more than 50 states? There are 50 stars on the American flag and none of them are there for the purpose of Guam and or Puerto Rico, they fly there own flags. Maybe it was an accident and maybe it was not?? Just a little strange to me!!!

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care either way but I watched the youtube video and it is pretty clear that he meant 47 oops :D . He said I have gone to 57 states with 1 left to go and that he wasn't able to go to Alaska and Hawaii.

47+1+AK/HI=50

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine the stress all the candidates must be under all the time. If I was them I'd want to take a years vacation after it was over. It sucks for them because its such an important election year that even if they make a tiny mistake, it turns into something huge and the media makes a big deal out of it instead of reporting on what's important. Course that's to be expected of american media.

One of my husband's friends said he wasn't going vote for Obama because he heard from another friend that Obama didn't have his hand over his heart during the pledge of allegiance at some event. What kind of reason is that for not voting for someone? At least say you don't like his policies or something. lol Thats like if I said I'm not voting for McCain cause he's old. I hope all of america doesn't vote this way.

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question to the supporters of the two Presidential candidate did any one really express a detailed step by step on how to fix the bad economic situation that our country is in and where are they going to get the funding for it?

Because all i hear from both cadidate is his going to fix this and that and make things work out, I promise this and that and say all the thing promise everything but how?

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion the current president nor the future president can fix the economy. Again, this is just my opinion. The largest problem with the economy is the housing. Many people got in over there head a couple years ago and now they can not pay there payments. Many lender were loaning more than they should and commiting fraud in one aspect or another.
Now there are millions of homes that are in foreclosure and the mortgage percentage rates are going up. If the government wants to help the economy, lower the interest rates even for the people that have fixed rates. This way the banks can get there money back and many more people would not be losing there homes.
But instead the government gives millions to AIG insurance and want to do a buy out on foreclosed homes to help the lenders. The last time I checked this country was full of tax payers needing help. Instead the government is going to bail out multi million dollar companies..........

If the government could do something about everyones interest rates the people could possibly pay there payment and the lenders could get there money. This way the help would go toward the people and the lenders.

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion the current president nor the future president can fix the economy. Again, this is just my opinion. The largest problem with the economy is the housing. Many people got in over there head a couple years ago and now they can not pay there payments. Many lender were loaning more than they should and commiting fraud in one aspect or another.
Now there are millions of homes that are in foreclosure and the mortgage percentage rates are going up. If the government wants to help the economy, lower the interest rates even for the people that have fixed rates. This way the banks can get there money back and many more people would not be losing there homes.
But instead the government gives millions to AIG insurance and want to do a buy out on foreclosed homes to help the lenders. The last time I checked this country was full of tax payers needing help. Instead the government is going to bail out multi million dollar companies..........

If the government could do something about everyones interest rates the people could possibly pay there payment and the lenders could get there money. This way the help would go toward the people and the lenders.

I agree .The other ,and more important thing to me is the people that got these loans new when they got the loan they could not pay it back,or thouught they could make a buck when the housing market climbed forever....now the rest of us will be paying for this mess created by the lenders and the borrowers.

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how we got here i know what the present administration had done but still the same question how's the future President is going to fix the problem non of them had mention a specific plan

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems Obama's plan has a lot to do with tax cuts for lower income people and the money that that will bring into the economy. Along with no more tax breaks for companies sending workers abroad, the ultra rich, etc.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

I was reading through McCain's plan and of the two it seems a little vague and unrealistic. I'm not being partisan at the moment. McCain says he will balance the budget within his term and I think that is rather hard to believe given how great our deficit is. Maybe two terms but one term? I hope he's right.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/JobsforAmerica/reform.htm

Like most politicians they both have economic plans that are somewhat far fetched and based on a lot of legislation that will need to be passed and that just won't happen overnight. However, if McCain truly thinks we need to stay in Iraq for 100 more years, I don't think that will do any favors for our economy unless all of our companies turn to making tanks and ammunition. I think that Obama would have a greater tendency to keep his word on investing more money into alternate forms of energy which could create more jobs if it is done right. McCain is so tied to big oil that I don't think he'll be able to get beyond them and keep his word on investing in alternate forms of energy.

He may have been a maverick at one time, but he doesn't seem to have the same passion anymore. Even though Palin fought against her own party in Alaska, I doubt she will be able to do that in Washington. If McCain had as much passion as Obama does I think McCain and Palin might actually be able to accomplish something in Washington. But he has a history of flip-flopping too, so its really hard to say what will actually happen if McCain is elected.

Not being partisan about the flip-flopping::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjt5Vc1jxg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWI35eNnDOw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrEN58gcxIs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPLPUbRC0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSMxHNdYes&feature=related

Also, for both candidates to be forced to make the promise that they won't raise taxes is silly. Death and taxes are inevitable. Taxes are like USPS stamps, they always go up and they rarely go down. For americans to vote for a guy because he says that taxes won't go up is nuts, they will go up and I seriously doubt the president will have much affect on that. But a good president can influence congress to decide who should pay higher taxes and that is important. Giving huge tax breaks to oil companies and one billion in aid to Georgia (by Russia) while lots of americans can barely pay their monthly bills makes no sense. Seems like the only ones that are making out well in this economy are the oil companies, so maybe we should go work for them.

Last edited:

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a stretch but then again when has anyone else referred to the USA having more than 50 states? There are 50 stars on the American flag and none of them are there for the purpose of Guam and or Puerto Rico, they fly there own flags. Maybe it was an accident and maybe it was not?? Just a little strange to me!!!

At least Obama knows how many homes he has. Seriously, some of the crap both sides focus on is ridiculous. If I actually saw a real issue based discussion amongst them, I think I'd die of shock.

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least Obama knows how many homes he has. Seriously, some of the crap both sides focus on is ridiculous. If I actually saw a real issue based discussion amongst them, I think I'd die of shock.

Seriously if people could focus on the issues and who could better hanlde them this would be much easier.But the people seem to like poking fun and name calling,or at least that is what the media points out to us,leave that to Leno and Limbaugh ,the entertainers....Give us some answers to real problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 92 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back