McCOSKERS WRASSE IS HE LOOKING OK? (FLASHER WRASSE)

MarineLunatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello my fellow reefers so I managed to get this beauty and I took a little video of him can anyone please have a look and make sure he is ok he's not getting chased by anything other than the lawnmower Blenny and he only does it when he's near his spot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
hello my fellow reefers so I managed to get this beauty and I took a little video of him can anyone please have a look and make sure he is ok he's not getting chased by anything other than the lawnmower Blenny and he only does it when he's near his spot

Its very hard to tell with a fish under a rock as I realize its where they often go when first introduced.
Was this an LFS fish or a shipped fish?
How did you acclimate it and for how long?

Will need better pics or video under white lighting hopefully showing entire fish.
With its elevated breathing, adding an air stone may be beneficial

OP
OP
M

MarineLunatic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its very hard to tell with a fish under a rock as I realize its where they often go when first introduced.
Was this an LFS fish or a shipped fish?
How did you acclimate it and for how long?

Will need better pics or video under white lighting hopefully showing entire fish.
With its elevated breathing, adding an air stone may be beneficial
it was an LFS fish they all come pre QT'ed I acclimated it for 1 hour(150ML water in a cup added every10mins until the LFS water matched mine 35ppt) thanks I do have an airstone ill put that in now also and turn my skimmer to full power setting have you seen the new videos I've added but he is still under the rock he comes out swims around for maybe a minute and then swims back to that spot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
it was an LFS fish they all come pre QT'ed I acclimated it for 1 hour(150ML water in a cup added every10mins until the LFS water matched mine 35ppt) thanks I do have an airstone ill put that in now also and turn my skimmer to full power setting have you seen the new videos I've added but he is still under the rock he comes out swims around for maybe a minute and then swims back to that spot
I only see one video . Some LFS will say QT or Pre-QT and merely they have placed a fish in short term copper solution. Always assume fish has something and quarantine yourself with more delicate fish for at least 21 days.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back