Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, how can someone be respected that answers with "lol" and "I bet you 1000 dollars!" ? Obviously, a direct sarcastic, childish attack against the poster that is quoted. Congratulations on successfully pushing established members of THIS community away and successfully turning R2R into R2RC.... I had reinvested my respect earlier in this thread, but that has now diminished.

Bro you should not be on this thread I don't know why the mods is allowing you to still create problems.

He should be on this thread because he is CONTRIBUTING to the original post and has been since day one, he, like others, are fed up with those such as yourself that are not CONTRIBUTING anything to the thread. He is obviously upset that others (skeptics) are allowed to post cynical, sarcastic remarks and attacks and yet, HIS posts are removed because his responses are considered "personal attacks". And yes, I agree, some of his and others posts are personal attacks, but then again, so are those of the skeptics... Just less direct...

Seriously? That's all you have to contribute? I've been on the fence here, trying to remain neutral, but GROW UP.... Pretty soon, it's going to be 4 or 5 of you left here arguing about arguing....LoL'ing at one another, because everyone else that wants to contribute something other than HA! will have moved on to greener pastures.

I asked the powers that be and they said they see nothing wrong with my contributions here.

This is very troubling to me. You have contributed NOTHING. I have been on this thread since before you were. Again, you have contributed NOTHING but cynicism and sarcasm. In fact, prior to this thread you have not contributed ANYTHING on R2R, your 195 posts are almost exclusively for this thread alone. Whereas people like me are CONSTANTLY helping others throughout this forum.

I love when you make things up, it makes you seem so credible. I also love when you ask for things you aren't willing to do yourself, it makes you seem super legit.

If the "powers that be" cannot read between the lines here and see this as a personal attack, the "powers that be" are blind. You just called him a liar and questioned his credibility... how is this NOT a personal attack?

Bottom line, Cruz, Tony, The Macro Guy, etc. stop taking the bait and stop the personal attacks towards the skeptics, who are CLEARLY not attacking..."lol".... People like me are interested in the input from those that are actually DOING this "science project", as opposed to those that refuse to do it and only want to troll....

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run the reports yourself...
You wouldn't believe me anyways if I posted my results...
3rd party testing is required for NON-Bias...

That's the scientific way...

I've already proved repeatability by teaching others the "method" and we're showing validity...

Scientific method dictates that the "science part" is trying to disprove (bit by bit) that it does not work and that it is a placebo.

The burden is in the court of those attempting to debunk this method.

HOLY MOLY! That is so wrong.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because you did it wrong...
I cannot be responsible for other's stupidity... If you wanted to set it up correctly you should have asked the source.

This is great! You have no idea what I did, why I did it, but you know I did it wrong! So great!

The Macro Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You owe me a thousand dollars.

upload_2016-4-15_10-30-22.png

Hahahaha omg, can a thread post be uses as legal documentation?
LOL LOL LOL LOL

And clearly by your tone in this entire thread you hate white science! See how silly that sounds. You continually misrepresent what I say because it is easier to argue against a strawman than what is actually being said.

LOL LOL LOL LOL What results was I referring to? LOL LOL LOL LOL

You tell me? Everyone who has posted other than 1 persom who has tried his has had positive results. The one person who did do it and posted negative results did it wrong, even wih the detailed instructions given.

Apparently you did it wrong too, so you make the 2nd person that did it wrong and now want visual data and evidence this works. So are we back into the scientific method Thales or the Thales that cant make up his mind what he wants to argue about because the aquarium is slow and he has nothing else to do all day?

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, you did it wrong...
Second off, you still have not provided data and pH trends etc like you stated.

You did not place it in the return pump chamber (error 1)
You did not tune the airstone to the proximity of the return pump intake. (error 2)

If you said that you "assume" you were doing it correctly and you were not... that's (error 3)

Proof_002.png

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, how can someone be respected that answers with "lol" and "I bet you 1000 dollars!" ? Obviously, a direct sarcastic, childish attack against the poster that is quoted. Congratulations on successfully pushing established members of THIS community away and successfully turning R2R into R2RC.... I had reinvested my respect earlier in this thread, but that has now diminished.

He should be on this thread because he is CONTRIBUTING to the original post and has been since day one, he, like others, are fed up with those such as yourself that are not CONTRIBUTING anything to the thread. He is obviously upset that others (skeptics) are allowed to post cynical, sarcastic remarks and attacks and yet, HIS posts are removed because his responses are considered "personal attacks". And yes, I agree, some of his and others posts are personal attacks, but then again, so are those of the skeptics... Just less direct...

Seriously? That's all you have to contribute? I've been on the fence here, trying to remain neutral, but GROW UP.... Pretty soon, it's going to be 4 or 5 of you left here arguing about arguing....LoL'ing at one another, because everyone else that wants to contribute something other than HA! will have moved on to greener pastures.

This is very troubling to me. You have contributed NOTHING. I have been on this thread since before you were. Again, you have contributed NOTHING but cynicism and sarcasm. In fact, prior to this thread you have not contributed ANYTHING on R2R, your 195 posts are almost exclusively for this thread alone. Whereas people like me are CONSTANTLY helping others throughout this forum.

If the "powers that be" cannot read between the lines here and see this as a personal attack, the "powers that be" are blind. You just called him a liar and questioned his credibility... how is this NOT a personal attack?

Bottom line, Cruz, Tony, The Macro Guy, etc. stop taking the bait and stop the personal attacks towards the skeptics, who are CLEARLY not attacking..."lol".... People like me are interested in the input from those that are actually DOING this "science project", as opposed to those that refuse to do it and only want to troll....

I love that you can ignore Cruz making direct personal attacks on me and completely avoiding answering direct questions, but take me to task for writing Ha and LOL. It also becomes hard to respond to Cruz with a straight face.
I have actually contributed quite a bit to r2r before this thread. Wowzers.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL LOL LOL LOL

And clearly by your tone in this entire thread you hate white science! See how silly that sounds. You continually misrepresent what I say because it is easier to argue against a strawman than what is actually being said.

/QUOTE]

What does being White have anything to do with this thread? Can a moderator NOT see the racist son of a ***** comment this pretentious ******* is posting?

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run the reports yourself...
You wouldn't believe me anyways if I posted my results...
3rd party testing is required for NON-Bias...

That's the scientific way...

I've already proved repeatability by teaching others the "method" and we're showing validity...

Scientific method dictates that the "science part" is trying to disprove (bit by bit) that it does not work and that it is a placebo.

The burden is in the court of those attempting to debunk this method.
I am not the one making the outrageous claims. The burden of proof is on you and you alone.

The 'scientific way' is not, and has never been, to say something crazy and make others test it so that you don't have to. You do your own testing, present your data, and then others can perform the same tests and compare results. That is science.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, you did it wrong...
Second off, you still have not provided data and pH trends etc like you stated.

You did not place it in the return pump chamber (error 1)
You did not tune the airstone to the proximity of the return pump intake. (error 2)

If you said that you "assume" you were doing it correctly and you were not... that's (error 3)

Proof_002.png

LOL. You have no idea what I did! You know one thing I tried!

The Macro Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great! You have no idea what I did, why I did it, but you know I did it wrong! So great!

I tried it just by putting an airline under a prop pump. The results seemed very similar to what people are showing.

Im pretty sure the instructions are posted. I dont remember seeing put an airline directly under a prop pump.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tell me? Everyone who has posted other than 1 persom who has tried his has had positive results. The one person who did do it and posted negative results did it wrong, even wih the detailed instructions given.

Nah, there are several discussions on several forums where people are reporting no or negative results.

Apparently you did it wrong too, so you make the 2nd person that did it wrong and now want visual data and evidence this works. So are we back into the scientific method Thales or the Thales that cant make up his mind what he wants to argue about because the aquarium is slow and he has nothing else to do all day?[/QUOTE]

LOL. It's my saturday!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reeflogic

Why you guys feel that I have to contribute to what you are trying to prove ? I'm not the one that say it works. I'm the guy that's asking why you say it works

You guys are getting upset when people question what you claim or say it's like you just want people to jump in without asking questions.

And please tell me where I was cynical or sarcastic ?

I did not attack them not once all I have been doing from day one is ask questions
Can you tell me what's wrong with that ?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original intent of this thread has gone so far off the tracks into arguments over who is insulting who now that valuable information related to the topic is lost within the bickering.

Moderators have posted and asked for assistance with regard to keeping the topic on track, and to stop the personal attacks.

The moderators and members of R2R believe in and encourage open debate on reef related topics. For now the thread is closed until cooler heads can prevail and we can get back to the original intent of the thread.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see improved water clarity (one day) then you are seeing results... at least the start of it...

Also, try utilizing a TDS meter or sensor as well... the less TDS, the better the light penetration which is in direct relationship to clarity and increase PAR deeper in the tank...

A TDS meter in seawater to gauge light penetration?

I assume that must be a typo of some sort.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct...

I'm not sure of ALL the mechanics behind this... but there were claims by the Japanese and their studies with the very fine bubbles that "turned discoloured water" clear again...
Increased PAR is correlated to increased light penetration from water clarity... :)

Thanks KLP

Just like a skimmer, hydrophobic and partly hydrophobic molecules adsorb at the air/water interface, and many of these will be the same molecules that cause yellowing.

Nothing special is needed other than an air/water interface. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back