Mindstream in the house!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right mine is shipping as we speak - im a lazy () fill in the swearwords there.... I dont want to be toothbrushing my MS monthly - if thats the case - I'm glad for the 45 day return:). PS I hope its an isolated incident

If you put it in the sump you can always build something around the wet side of the MS that will prevent any animals from getting in. All my probes for my controller are in a dark DIY probe holder that only has very tiny holes to let water flow in and out. The slow flow rate makes the probes last longer and the small holes and darkness inside keep everything living from getting inside. So probe cleanings and calibrations are needed half as much. Only my DO probe is not in that holder.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well going on over 12 weeks now. i wander if there even shipping any out don't here about anyone getting theirs. Guess I have to just wait some more.

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really sucks, so much for the 6 to 8 weeks. I ordered mine sept 5, i'll be lucky to have it this year.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note: conjecture follows

They must having issues with the disks still. I ordered within the hour when public orders opened up and they are telling me late October. Seems like a batch went out and they have held shipping any more until something is resolved. So glad they were giving $300 off on new orders when they weren’t able to ship units at all :rolleyes:

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really sucks, so much for the 6 to 8 weeks. I ordered mine sept 5, i'll be lucky to have it this year.
Based on what they’ve said to me, they can ship a bunch of units per batch. So once they get whatever the issue is resolved, if they can even do so, they should be able to catch up pretty quickly.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note: conjecture follows

They must having issues with the disks still. I ordered within the hour when public orders opened up and they are telling me late October. Seems like a batch went out and they have held shipping any more until something is resolved. So glad they were giving $300 off on new orders when they weren’t able to ship units at all :rolleyes:

If that is the case then they must have a ton of built units just waiting for disks. That hopefully means a massive set of shipments will be coming up very soon.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is the case then they must have a ton of built units just waiting for disks. That hopefully means a massive set of shipments will be coming up very soon.
Well the other thread had a post about shipping from July 1 order, so now I’m really confused. Not sure how that guy and I could order at basically the same time and mine isn’t shipping for another month.

edit: whoa I was way off. I wasn't able to order until July 3rd. That explainsmy confusion. My apologies.

Last edited:

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there having problems with Discs they should least let people no that there having problems. It seems like I just keep getting strung along.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If there having problems with Discs they should least let people no that there having problems. It seems like I just keep getting strung along.

Have you called the company? There is no evidence that they are having 'problems with the discs' - except the rumor mill (or did I miss something). I'f you're disatisfied - just cancel your order (or demand and explanation (or a disccount). When I have called - I have always gotten quick responses - that seemed to make sense. If there is information out there about 'a disc problem' - let me know. (Please)

BTW - though things are supposedly computerized in 2019 - I got on the list at BRS for a trident within 15 minutes of it being posted - despite seeing multiple people getting theirs (that posted a couple weeks later that they signed up) - I only recently got mine - which I politely turned down (and would again). I will try to contact the company to get an answer if possible:)

chap34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you called the company? There is no evidence that they are having 'problems with the discs' - except the rumor mill (or did I miss something). I'f you're disatisfied - just cancel your order (or demand and explanation (or a disccount). When I have called - I have always gotten quick responses - that seemed to make sense. If there is information out there about 'a disc problem' - let me know. (Please)

BTW - though things are supposedly computerized in 2019 - I got on the list at BRS for a trident within 15 minutes of it being posted - despite seeing multiple people getting theirs (that posted a couple weeks later that they signed up) - I only recently got mine - which I politely turned down (and would again). I will try to contact the company to get an answer if possible:)

Anyone heard anything recently?

U

User1

View Badges
Anyone heard anything recently?

There are a few people on the board that are still waiting, or trying to call, or get in contact with. No one has successfully posted to any of those threads saying contact has been made.

Also note last week a lot of smaller companies, and even larger ones, slow down before and after Thanksgiving - US holiday and all. If no one reaches them this week, well, that is another issue.

Chakluki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd post my experience.
I was an early supporter and received my unit in August. I tried it for almost 3 months.

First -- the service quality was always responsive and unbelievably high quality.

My actual experience: I had all the issues this thread has mentioned. First, the dislodged "blue brush" , then the "faulty disk", then the multiple "clean your sensors". Again in all cases Mindstream support team was excellent. Sent me free discs to replace etc.

After all this, I ended up finding the variability was just too high for me. Every time I would change brushes or discs or lens cleaning, it would be stable for a while, but then suddenly Mg would spike up or Alk would suddenly drop...with no change happening in the aquarium.
So every time that would happen I'd be back to testing manually (Red Sea pro kits and Hanna Alk checker). It was just not saving me time anymore. I was not looking for a specific number on a reading but I was looking for stability unless I made a change, which was not borne out by other testing.

I returned the device after working with the MS team over a couple of months. They gave me a full refund.

I hope to come back to this monitor some day.
I love the concept of it and I think it will be awesome when bugs are worked out. But at $700 + $35/mo it needs to work all the time for me.

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my order over 10 weeks ago, but have had no recent emails from the company. I tried to contact the company on Monday, but got the voicemail message that their box is full and I couldn't leave a message. I emailed support, but nothing. It appears that the company has gone under and I will need to contest the credit card charge. No other way to interpret the radio silence that I can come up with.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I placed my order over 10 weeks ago, but have had no recent emails from the company. I tried to contact the company on Monday, but got the voicemail message that their box is full and I couldn't leave a message. I emailed support, but nothing. It appears that the company has gone under and I will need to contest the credit card charge. No other way to interpret the radio silence that I can come up with.

When I called (Friday - I think) - I did not get a message that the voice mail was full - but there was no option for voicemail. When I called today - and using Option 1 and Option 2 - I get the message that the voicemail is full

U

User1

View Badges
When I called (Friday - I think) - I did not get a message that the voice mail was full - but there was no option for voicemail. When I called today - and using Option 1 and Option 2 - I get the message that the voicemail is full

Odd question, and I normally wouldn't suggest this, but does anyone know if they actually have a business address or office? Maybe someone in the area could knock on the door? Or are they working as teams/startup out of owners homes (which I do not recommend to visit for many reasons and respect).

I only say this because here, and in another thread, some are saying they company is out of business. That I'm not sure I'd say unless there is a different form of proof. More to be fair to them and also not spread something that we "think" based on not hearing back.

They very well could be caught up in a problem and not have someone skilled enough to address everyone. Just putting on my 'be fair' hat and not assume the worse.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd question, and I normally wouldn't suggest this, but does anyone know if they actually have a business address or office? Maybe someone in the area could knock on the door? Or are they working as teams/startup out of owners homes (which I do not recommend to visit for many reasons and respect).

Yup :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I only say this because here, and in another thread, some are saying they company is out of business. That I'm not sure I'd say unless there is a different form of proof. More to be fair to them and also not spread something that we "think" based on not hearing back.

They very well could be caught up in a problem and not have someone skilled enough to address everyone. Just putting on my 'be fair' hat and not assume the worse.

They do have a physical address.... 6 Green Tree Drive | Burlington VT 05403 it looks like a small office building on google maps.

I also think people talking about the company being 'out of business' ignores the obvious - if they continue not communicating with customers - they might as well be out of business - because It seems that trust is waning.

U

User1

View Badges
They do have a physical address.... 6 Green Tree Drive | Burlington VT 05403 it looks like a small office building on google maps.

I also think people talking about the company being 'out of business' ignores the obvious - if they continue not communicating with customers - they might as well be out of business - because It seems that trust is waning.

Fair enough. Just trying to stop the wind from fanning the fire :)

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they are not answering the phone nor responding to all the chatter what more does one need to tell you they are done as an ongoing concern?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back