MP40 Dryside and wetside keep falling off

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked the firmware and it said all 3 were up to date. I then forced each one to update and the problem pump is no longer causing the propeller to spin and chatter. I will need to test it under water and with various settings to confirm if it is fixed.

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem after thoroughly cleaned the wetside as well. The dryside somehow popped out from the spacer and swinged to other side of the tank, and because of this loss of magnetic force, the wetside slowly slide down to the bottom of the tank. It happened 3 times already after the wetside was cleaned. I am not able to update the firmware as it is controlled by Profilux.
What I just did a coupe of hours ago was set the MP40 to operate on 1 mode only (it used to change mode every 2 hours) and it has been fine since then. I am going observe for a few more days.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am having the issue, but with only one of my 4 pumps. It’s using the thinnest space because it is on 3/4 inch acrylic. They have been working fine for years and now all of a sudden one is not staying put.

corey

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm the update solved the issue since I didn’t change anything else. It was odd that my pump was already up to date. Maybe just needed a refresh? So far it’s back to normal.

Memo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. Updated the pumps firmware and it stop falling off. Since then, I really haven’t played with its schedule due to the fear of them falling down. My schedule is random a little of everything. So far so good.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder why we cannot tag EcoTech in this discussion. I’d love to see what they say after ALL this!

MK300

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 1 year, I got tired of my 2 mp40s constantly decoupling and switched to WAV pumps. They are a little louder but at least they remain in place.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched one of my wav pumps to the MP40 about 6 months ago because after 1 year the wav pump tends to give out ( had this happen twice).
I currently have the one wav and one MP40 and my MP40 also decoupled a few times on the dry side.
I have the 750XXL tank and have spaced it correctly. I also set the pump up as the instructions said and noticed that the wire was a little snug where it is attached to the tank. This caused the motor to fall off the tank when it did a large speed change.
I then decided to zip tie it to my cover on the tank and it then started to unstick the original sticky pad used to hold the wire to the side of the tank.
I have since replaced the sticky attachment and retied the wire to that, but with a fair amount of slack in the wire, and for the last month I have not had any decoupling.

Fingers Crossed

DiazE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried using glue on the dry side between the glass?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back