My 240 gal. Salty Addiction

rapalaboy1999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again everyone. I'm glad you all enjoyed my build. Rapalaboy I didn't keep track of what my total cost was. I know what the big ticket items cost but it would take some time to go back and list all the receipts including the 984756 trips to Lowe's and Home Depot. LOL

lol, your tanks amazing i hope you have it for years to come!!! :)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Kody72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great build very clean. All I can say now is thanks alot. Lol now my head is spinning with new ideas on my build

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Surprised u need a chiller at all with led though. Heck mine never runs since leaving MH. Also did not read it all but UV is not used with bacteria driven systems. If so sparingly. If not you just kill all the good bacteria when it passes through the UV. Look foreword to updates.

I have a 240 also and going to do a complete re build myself. Your sump is amazing too.

I've been a cowboys fan all my life and you take it to another level. LOVE it.

Also hope your a golfer living in the woodlands. I have a buddy who lives down there and do so club work for him from time to time when he sends his stuff north to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, your tanks amazing i hope you have it for years to come!!! :)

It's my dream tank. I'll have it for many many years. The only way I'd get rid of it is if we move and I am able to upgrade and get my dedicated fish/sump room behind the a tank. And just to let you know, if I had to take a guess I'd say I'm close to $20K +/- $2K. :D

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great build very clean. All I can say now is thanks alot. Lol now my head is spinning with new ideas on my build

LOL! I could post the same thing in many threads. There's so many awesome builds out there I got ideas from everywhere. I just wish I would have had a dedicated fish/sump room. The way my house is laid out I was forced to keep all my equipment under the stand. I'd love to do a build where I have an entire room for a huge sump and all the other equipment.

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Surprised u need a chiller at all with led though. Heck mine never runs since leaving MH. Also did not read it all but UV is not used with bacteria driven systems. If so sparingly. If not you just kill all the good bacteria when it passes through the UV. Look foreword to updates.

I have a 240 also and going to do a complete re build myself. Your sump is amazing too.

I've been a cowboys fan all my life and you take it to another level. LOVE it.

Also hope your a golfer living in the woodlands. I have a buddy who lives down there and do so club work for him from time to time when he sends his stuff north to me.

Thanks gqjeff. You are correct, I don't need the chiller or UV on a daily basis. The chiller is there as backup in case of a power loss in the summer. My 100 gal almost crashed during a 5 hour power outage when my house temp was 100+ last summer. I have a nice size generator to run my tanks in case of power loss. Same with the UV. I don't have it on right now but it's installed in the event I do need to run it for a short period of time. One of my design features was to put things in place so I can leave ZEOvit and return to a conventional method of running a reef tank in the event I'm not happy with the ZEOvit system. I have both reactors up and running but one just has water flowing through it. That will be a GFO reactor if I ever need it. :D

rapalaboy1999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my dream tank. I'll have it for many many years. The only way I'd get rid of it is if we move and I am able to upgrade and get my dedicated fish/sump room behind the a tank. And just to let you know, if I had to take a guess I'd say I'm close to $20K +/- $2K. :D

I'm drawing out my dream tank(s) lol I'm wanting to do an in-wall natural sun lit 500 gallon SPS reef and a 220 shark tank. So about $19k? Is that with rocks, and fish?

OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm drawing out my dream tank(s) lol I'm wanting to do an in-wall natural sun lit 500 gallon SPS reef and a 220 shark tank. So about $19k? Is that with rocks, and fish?

A 500 gal SPS with a 220 shark tank would be sweet! My guestimate was for equipments only (including sand, rock, and salt). The cost of my tank and stand included the purple fish heads rock. I bought my tank and stand from ADG here in Houston and Mike uses a lot of the purple rock so he included it in the price. I'm now starting to purchase livestock. :D

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks sexycorals! I hope to have a bunch of your stuff in my tank very soon. It's going to be predom SPS with a select few LPS.

Let me know if you do Mark, I'll go in with a order.

Btw we had some awesome builds last year and this year in H-town.
Mark's build is so far the cleanest in Houston, should earn a EPA award.
He's a awesome guy and friend to have as he did set up my wireless system for the APEX and the APEX it self, the day before Turkey day.
We have a lot of fun here with some awesome reefers here in H-town and building a setup like this makes it all pay off.
Glad you made the roll to Mark.
Awesome thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark L.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you do Mark, I'll go in with a order.

Btw we had some awesome builds last year and this year in H-town.
Mark's build is so far the cleanest in Houston, should earn a EPA award.
He's a awesome guy and friend to have as he did set up my wireless system for the APEX and the APEX it self, the day before Turkey day.
We have a lot of fun here with some awesome reefers here in H-town and building a setup like this makes it all pay off.
Glad you made the roll to Mark.
Awesome thread.

For sure Ben. I'll let you know when I'm ready to order. Thanks for the kind words. Your build is awesome also. We have some great tanks and people here in Houston for sure.

naldopr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this should be the set up of the month clean and incredibly well design sub to your thread!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back