My lil reef

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big aquarium with a ludicrous amount of flow, an absolutely hideous JF Homewrecker colony (that I have already graciously agreed to dispose of for him), and a few side bars about Mali-gators, glassblowing, wood working, and EDC choices.

You should still go read the whole thread, but you're all caught up now.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B535800E-F795-4597-971A-843AE505E234.jpeg
088550E3-D26E-4AEE-A01C-EC1140EED826.jpeg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick,
It looks great!!

Has your butterfly been in there the entire time?

It's the first time that my eye was drawn to that fish.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rick,
It looks great!!

Has your butterfly been in there the entire time?

It's the first time that my eye was drawn to that fish.

He’s only been in there for about 6 months or so, seems quite happy at this point. He was pretty shy at first but now comes out expecting food when I show up. He’s been a mediocre aptasia eater, but he’s a great fish and I’ve always loved them so I can forgive that :p

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting you to post a current picture was the purpose of posting the link.

Mission accomplished.

And realistically, you really only need to buy one or two of those.
Living in Florida, odds are you have a generator, or can locate an inverter generator fairly easily.
One of these will keep the tank running in a sudden power outtage until you can get your genset up and running.
Unless you have a whole house generator with an automatic transfer switch....in which case...never mind.

I've got a much smaller system than you, (40 breeder with 20L sump), and have a single Mp10 hooked up to a Ecotech battery back up. I have other means of flow for the tank, but with this configuration, the tank will still have circulation for up 72 hours before I need to get our generator fired up and running.

That reminds me...I need to run the generator and change the oil in it.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting you to post a current picture was the purpose of posting the link.

Mission accomplished.

And realistically, you really only need to buy one or two of those.
Living in Florida, odds are you have a generator, or can locate an inverter generator fairly easily.
One of these will keep the tank running in a sudden power outtage until you can get your genset up and running.
Unless you have a whole house generator with an automatic transfer switch....in which case...never mind.

I've got a much smaller system than you, (40 breeder with 20L sump), and have a single Mp10 hooked up to a Ecotech battery back up. I have other means of flow for the tank, but with this configuration, the tank will still have circulation for up 72 hours before I need to get our generator fired up and running.

That reminds me...I need to run the generator and change the oil in it.

Yeah I have two generators handy in case of emergencies but it would be nice to have a battery or two to tide me over until I can get those up and running. I’ll likely invest in a couple down the road when they become available over here. Hopefully unique corals will get a few in stock.

I’ve been slacking in the photo department, I’ve been neglecting cleaning the side glass out of laziness and the fact that there are now corals in the way. It’s getting to the point I’m going to need to do some serious trimming. The anacropora is taking over everything lol

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gives me something to shoot for, but doubtful with my current skill level.

It takes time, both for the aquarium and for the aquarist to mature ;). The best advice I can give is to not get wrapped up in doing too much, or thinking you always need to fix something. Keep a routine that seems to make things happy and stick with it. :)

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have two generators handy in case of emergencies but it would be nice to have a battery or two to tide me over until I can get those up and running. I’ll likely invest in a couple down the road when they become available over here. Hopefully unique corals will get a few in stock.

I’ve been slacking in the photo department, I’ve been neglecting cleaning the side glass out of laziness and the fact that there are now corals in the way. It’s getting to the point I’m going to need to do some serious trimming. The anacropora is taking over everything lol

I've already graciously offered to take that hideous Homewrecker off your hands.
Doing that will give you space and make your tank look better.
It's a win/win really.
You're welcome for my service.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very jealous!!! Where do you buy fish? Qt?

All of my fish have come from live aquaria, unfortunately my local fish store doesn’t have a great selection of saltwater fish, and unless I decide to drive to Orlando there really isn’t much choice anywhere else. So I’ve ordered most of these. I do QT I have two dedicated 29 gallon tanks that are used for QT. I don’t treat prophylactically they are only observed and treated if I notice something wrong with them. ;) I’ve been successful operating this way for quite awhile.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've already graciously offered to take that hideous Homewrecker off your hands.
Doing that will give you space and make your tank look better.
It's a win/win really.
You're welcome for my service.

It’s starting to get overgrown by the acro behind it, I’m going to have to do something about the one behind it!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back