My obsession, almost 4 yrs old

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its truley an obsession I have with my 225g tank which is going on almost 4 years now. Going thru the highs and lows is what I think keeps me enthused with this hobby. My love for wrasses continues and always trying to find different corals that I can add, but I think I'm running out of space. Here are a few new pictures I took today.

001-14.jpg

003-19.jpg

009-15.jpg

012-13.jpg

018-7.jpg

016-6.jpg

018-7.jpg

020-6.jpg

021-4.jpg

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice as usual Brad. As your tank matures, how are you dealing with colonies that slowly receed do to lack of flow and light?

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mark, I added 2 mp40's almost a year ago to add more flow, the problem I am haveing now is watching the acros grow into each other and worrying about how they react to each other. I had one of my big nasutas rtn a couple of weeks ago just out of the blue. That was very hard to watch a 10 inch colony disappear in just a couple of days after watching it grow for over 3 years.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very Nice Brad! You have a kick'n tank!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very awesome Brad.... love the choice in fishes and that huge True RPE colony... :)

a few quick Q's...

- how often do you feed your fishes and what do you feed them?
- can you list your equipment and such?
- are you getting the two female Rhomboids from Mobile Aquatics? ;)
- fish count?

haha, lotsa questions... hope you don't mind... :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very awesome Brad.... love the choice in fishes and that huge True RPE colony... :)

a few quick Q's...

- are you getting the two female Rhomboids from Mobile Aquatic? ;)
- fish count?

hey Brad... bump coz I just saw you online... ;)

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

a few quick Q's...

- are you getting the two female Rhomboids from Mobile Aquatics? ;)
- fish count?

I dont mind at all.
I feed my fish spectrum pellets at least 4 times a day, they cant get enough of them, and then once every night I feed a variety of frozen cubes and PE mysis. Formula II flake food also.
The equipment I have , 2 Dart sequnce pumps, 1 for return and 1 on a closed loop. Skimmer, Deltec AP702 Calcium reactor, Deltec PF601s
Biodenitrator, Korrallin S1502, 2 Vortech mp40's for more circulation, which brings my circulation close to 12,000 gph.
Lighting, Maristar 72" light fixture in which I run 14k phoenix bulbs. I also run ozone on occasion, but not as much as I used to.
I am getting the 2 female rhomboids from Frank this week. I'll post pictures when I get them.
Total fish, Not sure the exact count, somewhere around 35.:smile:

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait till my new setup gets some age on it. Very nice Brad!

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brought out the camera yesterday and got a couple more fts .

032-6.jpg

025-4.jpg

050-4.jpg

048-3.jpg

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok that euphyllia is....well, just crazy. no words to describe that thing. incredible how neatly it grew as a perfect ball. and the SPS growing is out of this world too. one of the best tanks i've seen to date. i HAVE to ask, and im so sorry if this is a dumb question, it's only cuz i can't fully see what it is. in the first pic you posted an hour ago, there is an insanely bright orange and green piece on the right side of the pic, and directly to the left of the huge zoa colony. from your earlier pics it kind of looked like the brightest deepwater lobo i've ever seen, and from other angles it looks like a wellso. i even thought, after staring at it for a while, that it may be a few bright ricordias. either way, i have to say i am extremely impressed.

and my GOODNESS you must have every one of my favorite wrasses in there. still probably my number one fish out there. best of luck with everything, and keep up the amazing work.

EVReef3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow such a wonderful setup. Keep it up!!!

But i can take some of you hammer :p Looks like its getting too big and it wants to get in my tank! LOL

If you ever cut and sell the hammer, im the first on ur list :p

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always one of my favorite tanks to look at- you need to put up some close ups of your colonies to blow people even farther away :)

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That male flame wrasse is BEASTLY!

Gorgeous tank, Brad...job well done!

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok that euphyllia is....well, just crazy. no words to describe that thing. incredible how neatly it grew as a perfect ball. and the SPS growing is out of this world too. one of the best tanks i've seen to date. i HAVE to ask, and im so sorry if this is a dumb question, it's only cuz i can't fully see what it is. in the first pic you posted an hour ago, there is an insanely bright orange and green piece on the right side of the pic, and directly to the left of the huge zoa colony. from your earlier pics it kind of looked like the brightest deepwater lobo i've ever seen, and from other angles it looks like a wellso. i even thought, after staring at it for a while, that it may be a few bright ricordias. either way, i have to say i am extremely impressed.

and my GOODNESS you must have every one of my favorite wrasses in there. still probably my number one fish out there. best of luck with everything, and keep up the amazing work.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. As to the coral that you mention above, I'm pretty sure you mean my aussie lobo. Its a very nice peice.

002-10.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back