Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a copper washer! You can tie it with fishing line to pull it back out before he notices it and recovery assists reuse! ;) :smirking-face:

Great suggestion! This is why I love R2R, people helping people!

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for showing off your build, you are very talented and articulate. I read as much as I could and skipped a bunch of the videos and links. I am looking forward to going back and revisiting for the complete story.

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you suggesting that coming back here with proof of my resurrection I'm going to create enemies? hehe.

As I have things to do today, I can't wait for the lights to transition to full spectrum. This is as good as it gets for now:

Looking back at post 215 roughly 2 years ago, it's good to see the transformation...

I'll have to do a commentary video of what's going on behind the scenes.... later..

Cool tank brotha. Would be nice to see with less blue light. What is that stuff growing on the top of the back glass?

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank brotha. Would be nice to see with less blue light. What is that stuff growing on the top of the back glass?
That is my vermited garden. I gave up trying to control them, and now they're everywhere. I wonder if I simply left them alone and didn't disturb them, if there'd be fewer of them?? Who knows!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The work of SawCJack I assume!?!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build thread! Great DIY work also top notch.

Have a question about the Kalk controller mentioned. Is this controlling flow thru the reactor based off the tanks Ph? If so how do you prevent from overfilling if the Ph isn't hitting the target? Float switches?

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build thread! Great DIY work also top notch.

Have a question about the Kalk controller mentioned. Is this controlling flow thru the reactor based off the tanks Ph? If so how do you prevent from overfilling if the Ph isn't hitting the target? Float switches?
Scratch that... I found your thread on it. Thanks

OP
OP
Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scratch that... I found your thread on it. Thanks
I've actually been quietly working on a standalone AWC unit that receives data from the Kalk Controller and does all the calculations based on daily evap, new saltwater concentration and makes all 3 pumps (kalk effluent, concentrated new salt water pump and old saltwater pump) work as one unit to maintain targeted pH and being able to go past daily evaporation totals, all the while maintaining 35ppt saltwater in the tank.

I know it sounds complicated, but having the heavy lifting done by the software makes it fairly easy.

I've taken the versas offline and I have a working prototype that has been running on my tank for about a month now, I'm still fine tuning hardware and software, but plan to offer this up in the future in one way or another for anyone that wants to maintain 8.30 pH 24/7.

Of course maintaining pH isn't for every tank, and there are a few caveats to consider. With that being said, this can be a tool that makes it easy for anyone that wants to use it.

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive. I have always ran a form of kalk on my tanks since 2007. Have had Nielson reactors and stirrers combined with a Ca reactor. Recently the Kalk has been all the talk lately and seems like its picking up pace.

I set up my 450 about 6 months ago and its being run off a Kalk stirrer only at this point. I'm really impressed and really never thought this could be done. Of course my demand isn't that high yet. Not sure how much I'll be able to push this stirrer once I start adding more corals.

Your design is impressive and would definitely be nice to own. I have to add Kalk quite often to my stirrer to maintain desired levels.

Looking forward to any progress on the new design.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back