OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats definitely good it didnt went south overnight!

I'd just watch them and maybe read up on diseases in general and create a plan what you gonna do if it goes south.

Careful with feeding not to foul the water - you can feed them with a tweezer instead of just throwing stuff in the water - that way if they dont eat it you can just take it out. Long fish tank tweezers are also very useful to remove uneaten food flying around in water.
Yea, also I agree I soaked the flake in with garlic and tank water and added it using a pipette

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its worth taking a deep breath and relaxing - Enjoy the beggining of the hobby youve just joined without worrying the worst is going to happen.

Both of your clowns look healthy to me - Nice coloration - Breathing as expected - Normal swimming - for clownfish.

The single spot is unlikely to be indicative of a parasite. The nature of something like cryptocaryon means infection hit in groups and its unlikely a single white spot would be this. Could it be, maybe - Highly unlikely in my opinion.

The faded faces is definitely unusual but not unheard of. Ive kept very large harems of clownfish and the pale, almost white face was quite a common occurence with many. This was always from the clownfish "locking jaws" whilst "fighting" over the dominant role in the groups. It would go away at lights out and reappeear at lights on. It was never an issue and i would always jot it down to an "aggression" display or damage from excerting dominance. Thats purely anecdotal on my experience but it was never somehting i worried about at any length because it appeared and left without any other symptoms regularly.

I do think its "deep breath" time and to just leave the tank and fish be for a week or two unless you see anything worth more attention - Keep the hobby fun and worry free for a bit. I dont personally think you have anything to worry about going on what you have shown and explained so far.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its worth taking a deep breath and relaxing - Enjoy the beggining of the hobby youve just joined without worrying the worst is going to happen.

Both of your clowns look healthy to me - Nice coloration - Breathing as expected - Normal swimming - for clownfish.

The single spot is unlikely to be indicative of a parasite. The nature of something like cryptocaryon means infection hit in groups and its unlikely a single white spot would be this. Could it be, maybe - Highly unlikely in my opinion.

The faded faces is definitely unusual but not unheard of. Ive kept very large harems of clownfish and the pale, almost white face was quite a common occurence with many. This was always from the clownfish "locking jaws" whilst "fighting" over the dominant role in the groups. It would go away at lights out and reappeear at lights on. It was never an issue and i would always jot it down to an "aggression" display or damage from excerting dominance. Thats purely anecdotal on my experience but it was never somehting i worried about at any length because it appeared and left without any other symptoms regularly.

I do think its "deep breath" time and to just leave the tank and fish be for a week or two unless you see anything worth more attention - Keep the hobby fun and worry free for a bit. I dont personally think you have anything to worry about going on what you have shown and explained so far.
Thankyou, and hopefully it is nothing but I still can't help but worry. Atleast as long as they mature a bit more. And I do really really hope that you're right and that white spot is nothing to worry about.

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That "shiny" particle at the gills? Video is quite bad quality can't really see it well, do you have a better quality photo?

White spot could be ich and many other things as well, a piece of gravel attached temporarily or a different parasite.

Even if it's ich, relax, its part of the journey. I met with ich in a similar situation, brand new to hobby, 2nd day and white spot. After some franctic reading I created a plan which I was happy with.

I suggest the same, if something bothers you, in this case white spot, read up on it and create a plan based on whats available, so whatever happens you know what to do.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That "shiny" particle at the gills? Video is quite bad quality can't really see it well, do you have a better quality photo?

White spot could be ich and many other things as well, a piece of gravel attached temporarily or a different parasite.

Even if it's ich, relax, its part of the journey. I met with ich in a similar situation, brand new to hobby, 2nd day and white spot. After some franctic reading I created a plan which I was happy with.

I suggest the same, if something bothers you, in this case white spot, read up on it and create a plan based on whats available, so whatever happens you know what to do.
This is him now, the white spot seems to have disappeared or lightened. Also that's the thing, if it does turn out to be some disease etc. I don't have a quarantine tank for it. So I would prob end up bringing it back to my lfs which is close either
20220822_100953.jpg
20220822_100951.jpg
20220822_100943.jpg

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its gone this fast, it was likely a piece of gravel or something else which was temporarily stuck on the mucus.
Just relax and monitor :)

I didnt have a QT tank at that time either, my plan was to manage it with all the home remedies until it either recovers or dies - any plan is a plan :)

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its gone this fast, it was likely a piece of gravel or something else which was temporarily stuck on the mucus.
Just relax and monitor :)

I didnt have a QT tank at that time either, my plan was to manage it with all the home remedies until it either recovers or dies - any plan is a plan :)
okay thankyou, i will keep researching and try to feed some l8r in the day and hopefully the bigger clown starts eating. ( smaller one seems to be eating stuff around the tank )

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last update ( hopefully )

So I took my lfs up on their offer and traded my possibly sick or weak clown for another one because I didn't see him getting any better, infact I could see him becoming more and more lethargic and just staying in one place on the sanbed and I'm glad I did because the new clown acclimated really well and was active even in the bag ( my other one wasn't, which I just brought it down to stress ) anyways he is now in the tank and doing well. He didn't even hide and is swimming around the tank which also makes the other clown be more active.

Here is a vid of him 15 mins after being added ( lights were on at lfs and it was daytime so I just kept my lights on as they were dimmed anyways )

Also here is a shot of my whole tank now to take away from the not so nice looking close ups of my tank lol. ( I'll work on the aptaisia, trying to make a good plan for it first )

Anyways thank you everyone

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new clown looks better than the old one and the LFS is in a better position to deal with the other one. Its also nice of him to replace it just like that, maybe he just gained a returning customer, best outcome for everyone.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new clown looks better than the old one and the LFS is in a better position to deal with the other one. Its also nice of him to replace it just like that, maybe he just gained a returning customer, best outcome for everyone.
Yeah that was very nice of them but funny thing about the returning customer, that's a bit of a given because it is the only fish shop in the whole country and because of that its a but pricey but good lol

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help, newish problem. Clownfish swimming fast against glass again. ( after I tried to kill some apraisia with lemon juice and changed my filter floss. The tank got cloudy but they've been doing this for a few hours now )

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the fish today?

Lemon juice brings down ph, can you check your ph. How much you have used?

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the fish today?

Lemon juice brings down ph, can you check your ph. How much you have used?
Completely back to normal and looking healthy, the tank looks a tiny bit cloudy but I think it's clearing up slowly. Sadly I can't test pH. I used about 25ml of lemon juice in total

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is a vid, the glass also has some water marks from yesterday which I didn't clean yet incase ne wiping the glass stresses them out lol. ( since they move away when I do so )

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 78 53.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back