Need help deciding on whether or not a fish is right for your tank? Post here and we'll help!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 135 gallon I have a Yellow tang, a Whitetail bristle tooth, and a Bellus angel fish. I would like to add either a Gold Flake Angel or a Majestic Angel or maybe even a Scribbled or a Blue line Angel ( have not made my mind up yet). Is there any concern with aggression with the Bellus? Whichever I choose, it will be sub adult sized (2 to 3" max) and my Bellus is about 4" at this time.
There shouldn't be much of an aggression issue with the bellus. The tangs will probably show some aggressiveness.

The goldflake and scribbled will be fine in that size tank. The majestic and blueline are eventually going to be borderline to big.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There shouldn't be much of an aggression issue with the bellus. The tangs will probably show some aggressiveness.

The goldflake and scribbled will be fine in that size tank. The majestic and blueline are eventually going to be borderline to big.
Thanks! I know about the size possibility with the Majestic and Blueline but hoping that I would be upgraded size wise by the time they attained that size point... I have read that Majestic is pretty slow growing. Thanks again!

telsonman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep wanting a blue sapphire damsel, or spring damsel, as I love the color. One fish store says they're good if there is only one, another will say they are pretty aggressive. What is the overall opinion on these?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep wanting a blue sapphire damsel, or spring damsel, as I love the color. One fish store says they're good if there is only one, another will say they are pretty aggressive. What is the overall opinion on these?
They are perhaps the most peaceful damsel around. They will stake out a small territory, but don't present much of an issue toward tankmates. They can also be kept as multiples and will just space themselves out.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals , I'm thinking about gettting a mated pair of Centropyge Loricula, too put in my 90g (120x50x80 cm ),has anybody got any advice ? Are they reef and invertebrates safe .. will a mated pair be ok in a 90 g .. any comments or advice much appreciated!!!
Thanks Mack .

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals , I'm thinking about gettting a mated pair of Centropyge Loricula, too put in my 90g (120x50x80 cm ),has anybody got any advice ? Are they reef and invertebrates safe .. will a mated pair be ok in a 90 g .. any comments or advice much appreciated!!!
Thanks Mack .
Nobody
Thanks Mack .
[/QUOTE
Nobody ???

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi does anybody have experience keeping a mated pair of Centropyge Loricula in a 90g

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mack .
If they are already a bonded pr then they should be fine in that size tank. However, flames can be hit-or-miss as far as being safe with coral. Some are completely fine with corals, some are fine for awhile, then start to nip, others nip right away. Fleshy brain corals, zoas, and clams are most at risk.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are already a bonded pr then they should be fine in that size tank. However, flames can be hit-or-miss as far as being safe with coral. Some are completely fine with corals, some are fine for awhile, then start to nip, others nip right away. Fleshy brain corals, zoas, and clams are most at risk.
Ok thank you !

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Midas and Lawn Mower blennies together?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 4'+ tanks it works fine. It can wirk in smaller tanks if the midas is in the tank first.

I have a 65 Corner and it is going through a big change this weekend including new aquascape. I have a lawnmower in their now but he will be moved to a stock tank this week and after the project be re introduced. Should I snag a Midas Blenny before I reintroduced the lawnmower?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65 Corner and it is going through a big change this weekend including new aquascape. I have a lawnmower in their now but he will be moved to a stock tank this week and after the project be re introduced. Should I snag a Midas Blenny before I reintroduced the lawnmower?
Yes.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 180 gallon sps gallon tank , And i always fantasize about having Harlequin tuskfish, Will eat it shrimps and snails. are corals, clams and small fish will be safe ?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 180 gallon sps gallon tank , And i always fantasize about having Harlequin tuskfish, Will eat it shrimps and snails. are corals, clams and small fish will be safe ?
Motile inverts and sometimes small fish are on the menu.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73G Reefer 350
Current inhabitants:
Pair large clarkii clowns (hoping to move them to their own tank in 1-2months)
Yellow wrasse
Lubbock's wrasse
African Flameback angel (he might be leaving also, been nipping my clam)
Cleaner shrimp
bubbletip brittle star
trochus, nerite, and cerith snails
~6 hermits
various SPS, LPS, and a derasa clam

Wanting to add:
borbonius anthias
purple firefish
flame wrasse
rhomboid wrasse
Flamefin tang

Main question is can the borbonius be added before the clowns are moved? They are by far the most aggressive fish in the tank right now.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73G Reefer 350
Current inhabitants:
Pair large clarkii clowns (hoping to move them to their own tank in 1-2months)
Yellow wrasse
Lubbock's wrasse
African Flameback angel (he might be leaving also, been nipping my clam)
Cleaner shrimp
bubbletip brittle star
trochus, nerite, and cerith snails
~6 hermits
various SPS, LPS, and a derasa clam

Wanting to add:
borbonius anthias
purple firefish
flame wrasse
rhomboid wrasse
Flamefin tang

Main question is can the borbonius be added before the clowns are moved? They are by far the most aggressive fish in the tank right now.
It should be fine to add the borbonius.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g with 2 T/P Clowns, Firefish, Melanurus and Flasher Wrasse. Setting up the QT again today and decided to get a Kole Tang. I read that they can be somewhat aggressive to other fish, mostly other algae grazers. Should I worry about it with the stock I have now?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back