Need some opinions please

Nickt516

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 15 years in this hobby no day alike I find myself yet again in a stranger situation than the day before lol to make a long story short I had a 10-12 inch long snowflake eel in my 400 gallon well established reef who has been on the decline after an unfortunate accident of breaking her jaw. Now I find myself in a position where I believe her to be dead, but in one of many Burroughs under 450 pounds of live rock in Coral. I would appreciate if I can get some opinions and feedback on a course of action whether to leave it and let the cleanup crew take care of it or try to somehow get her out, but that would most likely entail, destroying the entire reef. Thank you in advance.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could create a syphon in the hole or use a very thin somewhat flexible tube. Push down the borrow you think create syphon and hopefully it'll get stuck to syphon and you could pull out. Is the rock stable on its own or does the sand make it stable? Could also use a flexible bore scope and slide in to verify where it is. Amazon sells some cheap ones.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 15 years in this hobby no day alike I find myself yet again in a stranger situation than the day before lol to make a long story short I had a 10-12 inch long snowflake eel in my 400 gallon well established reef who has been on the decline after an unfortunate accident of breaking her jaw. Now I find myself in a position where I believe her to be dead, but in one of many Burroughs under 450 pounds of live rock in Coral. I would appreciate if I can get some opinions and feedback on a course of action whether to leave it and let the cleanup crew take care of it or try to somehow get her out, but that would most likely entail, destroying the entire reef. Thank you in advance.
Can you get a flashlight and look? Mine likes to hide too and I can always see her with a light at the rig but angle. Maybe you can find yours that way?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 173 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.0%
Back