OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, just wow, I just can’t believe that some people are so soft that they would reach out to a mod and report somebody for using a laughing emoji
It's even worse that some grown adults are so childish that they literally follow other adults around "laughing" at all their comments. That's the problem we're intending to address here.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think people are genuinely laughing at the misinformation being thrown around or logic being used when they’re having back and forth disagreements
The thing is, we don't have a problem with disagreements here. We actually welcome disagreements because that's how we advance in this hobby. The problem is when disagreements become personal and people start disrespecting one another. When people stop focusing on the issue in discussion and instead start attacking the person they're speaking to... that's a problem that creates division and disharmony in our community. We need to value and respect one another, if for no other reason than the dignity that we all share as humanity, and when there are members who violate that dignity, it creates a toxic atmosphere.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awkward Fran Healy GIF by Travis

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I was speaking on what i thought was the issue (which was misinformation or logic) but in reality was not the issue. I agree with the above all. Disagreements are welcomed but not attacking the person intentionally or specifically and or “hunting”

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's even worse that some grown adults are so childish that they literally follow other adults around "laughing" at all their comments. That's the problem we're intending to address here.
While I agree it’s childish why don’t you just tell the member to block them? Or warn the troll and ban on the second offense? This is such a subjective topic… so many variables come Into play on this topic I can’t see how it could policed correctly even if you wanted.. I mean this warning gets the point across but plenty of people are gonna be in violation and not even know because of there sense of humor.. I mean it’s one thing to follow a person or stalk I should say and do it but I feel most laughing emojis are harmless and people having fun..

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I agree it’s childish why don’t you just tell the member to block them? Or warn the troll and ban on the second offense?
So we don't have a way to "block" a member. You can "ignore" members so you don't see their comments, but that doesn't help if someone is trolling with emoji reactions.

The plan would definitely be to warn someone before action is taken (we try to do that with most rules). We're definitely not trying to stop anyone from having fun, and hopefully this isn't something that is an issue that continues to be a problem. Hopefully, this thread is enough notice for most of this issue to resolve itself.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we don't have a way to "block" a member. You can "ignore" members so you don't see their comments, but that doesn't help if someone is trolling with emoji reactions.

The plan would definitely be to warn someone before action is taken (we try to do that with most rules). We're definitely not trying to stop anyone from having fun, and hopefully this isn't something that is an issue that continues to be a problem. Hopefully, this thread is enough notice for most of this issue to resolve itself.
Did not know that. I thought if you ignored “blocked” they couldn’t see you or your posts….weird!

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't this open the door to the victim train? I mean I understand what you guys are attempting to do but once that puppy gets rolling there's no coming back. My guess is your gonna have twice as many reports with half the emojis.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I almost did it last night...
Used a :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: emoji to be sarcastic.
Someone posted something that was so left field, and it was wrong on so many accounts.
But I knew, in their heart they believed in their answer.
The :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: would have been the only way this person might have taken stock of what they said was wrong.
Kinda like when one tells you they were abducted by aliens...
The only thing you can do is laugh in their face.
The :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: emoji is a way to tell one they are so wrong without having to go into obvious details.
But I held back...
And now this reefer will be the pied piper of misinformation to other reefers. I might of been able to stop it in it's tracks with a little :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I really wish instead of using :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: in the likes we could use :thinking-face:...
Yes... let us put a pin in that and think about that answer for a while...
We need a cow chewing on cud emoji...
That, there would be a fine solution to all our problems...

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not know that. I thought if you ignored “blocked” they couldn’t see you or your posts….weird!
Nope. And people you've "ignored" can still follow you so they see all your posts. That's really annoying!

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any adult would just ignore it and keep it moving unless that adult has very thin skin but this is what our society has become

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back