New Flame Hawk - Coolest fish!

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! Great resource! Printing it now. I appreciate it much! Hope you don't mind, but I will pass along to someone asking about fish to go with clowns if you haven't seen that post already :)
It's not my chart! ;)

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did read that they may not be nice to fish smaller than them if they both want the same Territory. But it pretty much said it would not try to eat them It would just chase them away from his/her space. I do have a tail spot blenny and was planning on getting some different types of blennies but I have a 210 gallon tank. So I'm still very tempted on trying this.
If worse comes to worse I could put my tailspot in my display refug once it is set up

Last edited:

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with having a pair of flame hawks? I have been doing some reading and found they are born female and will transition to male when the dominant hawkfish is established. Mine is fairly small, but frankly I haven't seen much variation in size between available specimens. I am considering getting a second one as a pair in the future though, I think it would be ideal if it was different size than my current hawk.

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two pairs of Flames and a pair of Longnose. They all were about the same size when they were introduced. I did nothing special about adding the second fish. I just put it in the tank with the first one. There was a little chasing the same as adding any new fish, but nothing serious.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two pairs of Flames and a pair of Longnose. They all were about the same size when they were introduced. I did nothing special about adding the second fish. I just put it in the tank with the first one. There was a little chasing the same as adding any new fish, but nothing serious.
Thanks laga77, that sounds like it wasn't too difficult to pair them!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back