OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that bright green candy cane coral. A buddy of mine has been on the lookout for some of that.

Let 'em know I have some, have him PM me if he wants it... just cover shipping and it is his. (3-4 heads)

Rich and Adam, thanks for the welcome! Rich, yes, those bulbs worked out fine. I am going to redo my light rack next, probably make an acrylic frame to support the bulbs, and then put the whole thing on a hinge so that I can swing it up and out of the way.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, time for a little update..... I cleaned the skimmer.

J/K -devil

No, I have more to report then that! Since I have added that 5th bulb for dawn to dusk effect, I have not really liked the color of the tank, it was just a touch to blue for me. I would almost describe the color as smokey/hazy blue. Things were just not "crisp" the tank lacked "pop" to me. Well, I changed out 1 bulb today, I took out a Geismann Actinic +, which is really a blue bulb, not really actinic at all if you ask me, and I replaced it with an ATI Pro Color. I think I like the color MUCH BETTER now. I know that the reds and purples in the tank really stand out better, and white looks white to me now too, instead of being shifted to the pale blue.

I guess I would describe the color as a 10K halide with just a touch of actinic.

So now my bulbs are in this order from the front:
Geismann True Actinic
Geismann 12K (Aquablue plus?)
ATI Pro Color
GE 6.5K
Geismann True Actinic

The front most bulb is on a Workhorse 5 by itself, the other 4 are on an icecap 660.

Enough typing... Here are the pictures:

Before:
272059943_WFBgF-M.jpg

After:
272064523_rErfP-M.jpg

Here is something strange, this output is on the right side of my tank:
272060788_jnS6m-M.jpg

I have a little bit of coralline growing there, not bad for less then 2 months time.

Now here is the one on the left:
272060506_JJMxj-M.jpg

Please pardon the snail, I asked him to move, but he wasn't cooperating ;) , weird huh?

I kinda like this one:
272062167_2fFon-M.jpg

Cap corner?

Purple Tang:
272063077_UPqdc-M.jpg

Sorry about the glass. :eek:

Let me know what you think, and which you like better.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NIce stuff MIke, glade to see that the move went well.

Thanks Brent! It did go well, I lost a few fish, and my favorite Milli... Well not all of the Milli, I have a few frags that made it, but most of the colony RTN'd almost overnight.

fvizier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all i'm a NewB to the fish tank World, took the plunge into a 125gal as my first tank. its about 3 months and i think i'm an invert man :squigglemouth:. bought a pre owned tank added some inverts and the Neon Dottyback killed quite a few of them before i caught it and traded her for more inverts probably gonna catch and release the Sunrise Next.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all i'm a NewB to the fish tank World, took the plunge into a 125gal as my first tank. its about 3 months and i think i'm an invert man :squigglemouth:. bought a pre owned tank added some inverts and the Neon Dottyback killed quite a few of them before i caught it and traded her for more inverts probably gonna catch and release the Sunrise Next.

Welcome to R2R, nice to have you aboard, but I think you will receive more of a welcome if you start your own thread rather than posting in someone else's

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back