OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me check..I loved the specs so much and a brand new pump with it..no leaks....sorta hope it's acrylic but worth it.lol
Very inexpensive. . It held a sand shark that outgrew it. Shipping will run a few bucks but got it for 150
20190605_001950(1)(1).jpg

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Hunter! It sounds like you have had an interesting life with animals. I am glad you are on the mend. At one time I had a Blue and Gold Macaw, an Umbrella Cockatoo, and African Gray, a Mexican Yellow Head, and a Toucan all at the same time! I really miss them (wife got them in a divorce).
I am sorry about your feathery babies...I feel for you; hope the hobby helps the loss!
Going to fish store friday. Have a great day.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Hunter,

Noticed you were having some issues getting a hold of the Reef Squad, I too could not find the post you mentioned in your post history but that's irrelevant. IMO you would be better off putting the tank in your living room rather than the home office with your embroidery machine.

While you honestly don't have much real concerns about either placement when it comes to salt creep as I don't see it being a real issue, especially for your TV or Fire place, unless you plan on washing them with tank water that is. The family room is generally a more open space and not as much of an enclosed environment such as an office which is where the humidity issues come into play.

Welcome to R2R! If you would like you could start a build thread on your new 90 Gallon corner tank in the members tank forum and summon the Reef Squad there as well to answer any questions you might have :)

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Hunter,

Noticed you were having some issues getting a hold of the Reef Squad, I too co uld not find the post you mentioned in your post history but that's irrelevant. IMO you would be better off putting the tank in your living room rather than the home office with your embroidery machine.

While you honestly don't have much real concerns about either placement when it comes to salt creep as I don't see it being a real issue, especially for your TV or Fire place, unless you plan on washing them with tank water that is. The family room is generally a more open space and not as much of an enclosed environment such as an office which is where the humidity issues come into play.

Welcome to R2R! If you would like you could start a build thread on your new 90 Gallon corner tank in the members tank forum and summon the Reef Squad there as well to answer any questions you might have :)
You guys are the best! I am aquascaping a couple of nanos tomorrow and the 92 is coming from....wait for it...CALIFORNIA... YIKES! Thanks for your advice.

Max!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!
My story is different; as in 'everything old is new again', and so is my learning curve on salt tanks. Been in the fish game for close to...let's just say 40+ years, BUT, I've been away from all things fishy due to serious illnesses.
I plan on doing either a 60 gal cube or build my own faux drop off. I'm moving next year; and so I don't want to get anything too big til after my move, but I don't want to wait 'til next October 2020.

I've managed 3 fish depts/stores, trained ferocious parrots; babysat a sick lion, and have been trapped in a room with a leopard cut that got away from the vet...yea really, but getting back in the salt game intimidates me. It really does. There's so many new gadgets on the market, but I don't buy like a fool, I am a researcher.

I'm going to do a seahorse species tank, either 60-70 cube, or a 48 drop down. I've got my specs, and going to build it myself with help from a friend of mine that is building himself a catamaran, so I count myself lucky there.
I need advice on which you guys think the dwarfs will like better size wise, i.e. I have some reservations about a drop down for them, and flow issues in that sort of tank. (Hence saying I may stick with a larger cube; & then that is a no brainer for a cube. I would just build a drop down for another use.

Thanks for listening, and if any of you have already built a drop down, let me know...OR if you do NOT recommend it for the horses, let me know that too. (P.S.) I know their care/enviroment needs already, been there, done that in the far past.)
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Whalecome Welcome!

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you are feeling better and back in the game. I started back in 1973, so you're not the only old fossil posting here ;)
I had to come back and say how nice all have been here. I had a horrible experience out the box on a FB site. The "owner" of the blog took quick action, but I am gun-shy a little but a feisty chick. So I hope you are feeling well, and I now have tankitis. I need to talk to kids here as I have posted pix here..somewhere.......I will get it straightened out. Us old fossils need love too.lol. TFL

Kj2186

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R your seahorse tank sounds awesome, I’ve always wanted to have a seahorse tank.
Hi All!
My story is different; as in 'everything old is new again', and so is my learning curve on salt tanks. Been in the fish game for close to...let's just say 40+ years, BUT, I've been away from all things fishy due to serious illnesses.
I plan on doing either a 60 gal cube or build my own faux drop off. I'm moving next year; and so I don't want to get anything too big til after my move, but I don't want to wait 'til next October 2020.

I've managed 3 fish depts/stores, trained ferocious parrots; babysat a sick lion, and have been trapped in a room with a leopard cut that got away from the vet...yea really, but getting back in the salt game intimidates me. It really does. There's so many new gadgets on the market, but I don't buy like a fool, I am a researcher.

I'm going to do a seahorse species tank, either 60-70 cube, or a 48 drop down. I've got my specs, and going to build it myself with help from a friend of mine that is building himself a catamaran, so I count myself lucky there.
I need advice on which you guys think the dwarfs will like better size wise, i.e. I have some reservations about a drop down for them, and flow issues in that sort of tank. (Hence saying I may stick with a larger cube; & then that is a no brainer for a cube. I would just build a drop down for another use.

Thanks for listening, and if any of you have already built a drop down, let me know...OR if you do NOT recommend it for the horses, let me know that too. (P.S.) I know their care/enviroment needs already, been there, done that in the far past.)

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R your seahorse tank sounds awesome, I’ve always wanted to have a seahorse tank.
Weirdly enough I met a woman that kept dwarfs for years. But I have radically revised what I have planned and working on 3 tanks right now. I will post when I start cycling them all.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back