New here

raylinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Hunter! It sounds like you have had an interesting life with animals. I am glad you are on the mend. At one time I had a Blue and Gold Macaw, an Umbrella Cockatoo, and African Gray, a Mexican Yellow Head, and a Toucan all at the same time! I really miss them (wife got them in a divorce).

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trapped in a room with a leopard!!!

upload_2019-5-30_9-48-56.gif

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and what type of tank glass or acrylic?
I just paid for it today; it's a 90 gallon corner bow front. Glass. I was dirt of wishing it was acrylic but I am the type that does better with glass, despite refraction issue. I must have the bug because I spent time tonight rearranging the living room furniture. Seriously I am sort if having some trepidation; feels like reefers are speaking another language..so much has changed. Going to a few fish stores in the area this week WITHOUT my purse. I am going to Lowe's etc to price wood. I am making my own stand. Ugly as it is because I purchased it used (no leaks) w/ filter..(not for the 90 but for q tank). My best friend builds boats but I no slouch. I will put a pic when it arrives & I have something worth talking about. Wish me luck guys.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just paid for it today; it's a 90 gallon corner bow front. Glass. I was dirt of wishing it was acrylic but I am the type that does better with glass, despite refraction issue. I must have the bug because I spent time tonight rearranging the living room furniture. Seriously I am sort if having some trepidation; feels like reefers are speaking another language..so much has changed. Going to a few fish stores in the area this week WITHOUT my purse. I am going to Lowe's etc to price wood. I am making my own stand. Ugly as it is because I purchased it used (no leaks) w/ filter..(not for the 90 but for q tank). My best friend builds boats but I no slouch. I will put a pic when it arrives & I have something worth talking about. Wish me luck guys.
Good luck! ;Cat

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you
Welcome Hunter! It sounds like you have had an interesting life with animals. I am glad you are on the mend. At one time I had a Blue and Gold Macaw, an Umbrella Cockatoo, and African Gray, a Mexican Yellow Head, and a Toucan all at the same time! I really miss them (wife got them in a divorce).

Thank you so much; purchased a tank yesterday; to t_s going to ship next month when I have time to work with it; will build it's stand if I don't find one I like.

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trapped in a room with a leopard!!!

upload_2019-5-30_9-48-56.gif
Yep..although a cub, there was no mistaking that growl. She paced, hugging the 4 walls like..."you have about five more months &$#"...Young but mpressivei can't make it or the fact I also babysat a sick full grown male that was sedated, awake, not tranked...from only 8 ft away. Tell me; do reefers have any dangerous corals that they try to keep? I know about the fish. I do like to walk on the wild side.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef, @HunterW. This is a great community and we have some very knowledgeable members here!

I'll see if I can find some threads on seahorses. I've been in salt reef keeping since 1993 and have never kept ponies.

Welcome once again!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back