nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you joking or serious lol the winky face threw me off lol
well i mean its your tank, but i haven't met a single person who's not regretted using damsels to cycle a tank. they're a brutally evil fish. (DAMNsels should be the proper spelling) and they're near impossible to catch without breaking it down.

OP
OP
Mandee

Mandee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i mean its your tank, but i haven't met a single person who's not regretted using damsels to cycle a tank. they're a brutally evil fish. (DAMNsels should be the proper spelling) and they're near impossible to catch without breaking it down.

How many would you suggest

OP
OP
Mandee

Mandee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the red sea cycle kit called because I to keep looking it up and many things pop up I want to use the right one

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green chromis are supposed to be very wussy fish and not as territorial or nearly as aggressive as the blue damsels, yellow tail damsels and so forth. They are also really cheap like 5 bucks a fish where I am.

I just started my tank out and I put a yellow tail damsel and black Cardinal in it. So far they are doing excellent! Of course these are to just start the tank with some livestock until I go in and get fish from my lfs this week and then I will trade them in.

Oh and welcome!

Last edited:

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green chromis are supposed to be very wussy fish and not as territorial or nearly as aggressive as the blue damsels, yellow tail damsels and so forth. They are also really cheap like 5 bucks a fish where I am
But even they will/may kill each other off until there is a dominant fish (or maybe the only fish). I don't recommend using a fish to cycle your tank. But that is me.

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I wouldn't use to cycle but once the cycling is over they are good cause they are hardy fish and will survive most influxes in the water that may occur.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA that's funny but maybe I'm outlawed than.
My first fish ever in every tank was always the yellow tail damsel.
If you look close at them they are awesome fish and if you just stick with one you won't have a problem.
I have 3 yellow tails in one of my 75 gallon and 2 marbled in the other 75 gallon with no problem what so ever even if I introduce some fish in the frag tanks that come out of the QT and will hang there till I have time to acclimate them for the DT.
Again I like the yellow tail damsels
Beside that your tank isn't even close to ready to start thinking about a fish.
Test often test a lot and post here you results as members can help you out on your process.
Yes Redsea is what I'm using too, some ppl like Salifert which is good to as long you stay away from API.......... now that's bad news.

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA that's funny but maybe I'm outlawed than.
My first fish ever in every tank was always the yellow tail damsel.
If you look close at them they are awesome fish and if you just stick with one you won't have a problem.
I have 3 yellow tails in one of my 75 gallon and 2 marbled in the other 75 gallon with no problem what so ever even if I introduce some fish in the frag tanks that come out of the QT and will hang there till I have time to acclimate them for the DT.
Again I like the yellow tail damsels
Beside that your tank isn't even close to ready to start thinking about a fish.
Test often test a lot and post here you results as members can help you out on your process.
Yes Redsea is what I'm using too, some ppl like Salifert which is good to as long you stay away from API.......... now that's bad news.
You are an outlaw Ben!

OP
OP
Mandee

Mandee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearing up nicely

1451409524368.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back