OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one but that is up to you. It depends on how many gallons you want coming out of your nozzle. You you want 825 or 2, 412.5
I was thinking that same thing and like I said it is only a 55 gallon tank. I believe I will just go with the one, and hopefully I will get a good push back into the tank to help with pushing the water around.. Not to mention it would mean drilling one less hole. [emoji106]

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe don't drill any holes for returns and use a Sea Swirl or Flow Swing return that moves the return from side to side to create random currents. Aquatic Life sells the Flow Swing.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe don't drill any holes for returns and use a Sea Swirl or Flow Swing return that moves the return from side to side to create random currents. Aquatic Life sells the Flow Swing.
I haven't even though of that. That is a top shelf idea. I'm gonna look into that right now.. haha

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowell my man that was a game changer of a post. That flow swing is a very affordable option. Plus it keeps me from putting extra holes I'm my tank and it looks like it would be simple to maintain and also easy to replace as a later option. Thank you very much sir

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one new in the box just waiting for the next tank build. So I don't know how it performs long term yet.
You are welcome. I have lots of ideas....not all of them make it to paper or production...lol.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one new in the box just waiting for the next tank build. So I don't know how it performs long term yet.
You are welcome. I have lots of ideas....not all of them make it to paper or production...lol.
Well feel free to send some of them my way my man. I am always willing to try new things and always looking for the better and smarter way to do it. I am definitely new to the reefing hobby but I have learned a good bit in a short amount of time and I am sure I will learn a boatload more. One lesson I learned is that if you have questions then never hesitate to ask. When I first set up this tank I thought a reef tank was the same thing as a regular saltwater tank. I quickly learned that the only thing they have in common is the saltwater. Thus the complete teardown and rebuild. However, it was a good learning experience and I have meet some good people in here that have helped square me away on some things. I can't wait for the time that I can post up some pics and give you guys the proper thanks you deserve. Have no fear though because that day will come..[emoji106]

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a random thought, do you guys have any suggestions for lighting? I am trying to decide on what I need to go with for this corner tank. It is an odd shape so I don't think the longer led light would work.. Idk though.. all help is welcome. LoL

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a random thought, do you guys have any suggestions for lighting? I am trying to decide on what I need to go with for this corner tank. It is an odd shape so I don't think the longer led light would work.. Idk though.. all help is welcome. LoL

I have the orbit marine pro over top of mine. It illuminates everything but the back corner. If you wanted to go higher end maybe put a Hydra 52 up front and a Prime HD in the back or 3 kessils maybe. It is definitely a tricky time getting the WHOLE tank lit up. I personally like the dark back corner. It helps hide my overflow and return nozel.

OP
OP
Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the orbit marine pro over top of mine. It illuminates everything but the back corner. If you wanted to go higher end maybe put a Hydra 52 up front and a Prime HD in the back or 3 kessils maybe. It is definitely a tricky time getting the WHOLE tank lit up. I personally like the dark back corner. It helps hide my overflow and return nozel.
Yeah, I was looking at some lights and you right about high end. Those kessil lights are running like 3 to 4 hundo. 3 of those would be more as much as I got into the entire tank. LoL, I am doing to check out the others you mentioned and see how they compare also. I have also read somewhere about have them set so they change.. what is that noise all about?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was looking at some lights and you right about high end. Those kessil lights are running like 3 to 4 hundo. 3 of those would be more as much as I got into the entire tank. LoL, I am doing to check out the others you mentioned and see how they compare also. I have also read somewhere about have them set so they change.. what is that noise all about?

Welcome to the LED world. Once you learn to see past the price the options are endless. The color pop that LEDs have are beyond expected and the adjustability of LED are different from every other type of lighting. You can adjust each color independently and set times for these light to ramp up and down to certain percentages. Some would argue they don't grow as well as T5 or MH but IMO they work just as well. The shading is unique.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back