New Tank Delivered Today..Need Help...Cosmetic or Bad seams

awais98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked with CC company again and they credited my account!! And 2 days later tank builder called.....I did not answer.

They swear the tank did not look like that when it left their place. They claim it was caused during shipping. Shipping company came and inspected and declined claim!! Builder said they would appeal but trucking company can take up to 180 days to make final decision. As far as I'm concerned this is between builder and trucking company. So pushed and got my money back!!

Awesome

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear your almost done with everything. I had a 300 gallon leak on me so you would not have wanted to start out with a tank with bad seams. It was actually a blessing that the tank was that bad and you did not use it because it would have eventually leaked

OP
OP
Y

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, Now I have good news! Builder's wife called. She said they are not going to contest the dispute!! She made no mention of the tank or what to do with it. But its over and I am whole!!

She also said they hired a lawyer to deal with trucking company because there are several other "damaged" tanks that the trucking company is denying responsibility.

Go figure!!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, Now I have good news! Builder's wife called. She said they are not going to contest the dispute!! She made no mention of the tank or what to do with it. But its over and I am whole!!

She also said they hired a lawyer to deal with trucking company because there are several other "damaged" tanks that the trucking company is denying responsibility.

Go figure!!
Fantastic!

If they really are going after the trucking company I feel sorry for them. I can see that not ending well. Unless they hired the shipping company to assemble the tanks while they were being shipped. Then they might have a case! It also might explain the seams!

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9 pages of reading and still wondering who the builder was... I feel like each page is an episode and I gotta wait till the next weeks episode to find out what happened :[

Next week on Reef2Reef garbage tank builders we will find out who shipped the hunk of junk to Y2K

haha

OP
OP
Y

Y2KReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a pic of my tank on their Facebook page. You can see one of the areas where a seam is bad!

15747778_996475010459140_6052490323946092346_n.jpg

Untitled.png

IMG_4788.jpg

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i just order a tank from them no i regret it seeing this

Aww man, I hope it all works out with you. Make sure you take the proper precautions during inspection of the tank before you sign for delivery.

Trevor203

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm driving there to pick it up so it should be better that way but I'm still driving 8 hours to pick it up so would suck to get there and have to tell them I'm not taking it because it's doesn't look good

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this whole thread, had to see how it played out over the nice chapters. "Shock sensor" is a new one to me. Wood that can break, will break. Drilling a hole and inserting a dowel in that spot only weakens the lumber.

Horrible seamwork, and I've been working with acrylic for 15 years. That tank had issues before it left the building.

Look, we can all pile on a company. Here's a true story for years ago at MACNA. I was helping a vendor unpack their boxes to set up their booth, and when I opened up a packed acrylic display tank, three of the four walls were completely off the base. All that was intact was the front panel bonded to the base panel. The night before they had to setup for the show! How on earth did this tank fall apart? It's like they 'glued' the seams on vaseline - there was zero bond as the sheets were 100% intact. They had to scramble to get a glass tank on the spot.

I've had to pull apart newly glued seams and it ain't pretty. I've tried to break apart cured seams, and that doesn't work either. For it to essentially slide off tells me that the bonding agent wasn't mixed properly, and odds are the tank was built under very humid conditions (clouding occurs), and one picture on the first page or two looked like the jig actually glued to the acrylic accidentally, and was never buffed out.

Glad you got your money back.

Trevor203

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know if I wasn't picking up my tank I would cancel it right now I'm happy to know now what the look for and what's good and what's bad it's crazy it took so long to get the money back they should have stood by their tank way better than that you wait 8 9 weeks to get it they should have shipped you out another tank ASAP and dealt with the other one with the shipping company I really hope I don't run into any problems with this company it's starting to scare me now how low the price actually was compared to all the other places I was looking at

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not trying to be off topic, but y'all know way more than I do about tanks. I just bought a 29 gallon, and the quality looks bad. I have hardwood floors. What kind of tank and what brand are well made? Quality apparently is not what is used to be. I have a 9 year old wanting to help with this tank as well.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back