New to Reefing

Rising Eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my wife did SW for about 15 years until about 12 years ago. We decided to get back into it and and WOW, things have changed. We now have a 24G cube set up as a reef and working on a 40G to do the same. This is our 24G. This tank has been up and running for 6 months. We are concentrating on Zoas, mushrooms, and some Euphyllias. We are trying to do our due diligence and read / watch videos to educate ourselves. Any questions or comments are appreciated. Thanks
inbound6230291312989491791.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rising Eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! Looks like your doing a great job as the tank looks awesome!
Thanks Buckster. It's definitely an exciting hobby. Back in the day, the reef portion was either non available or price out of range. I hope to learn a lot from this Forum.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Welcome to the reef. We took sometime out of the hobby as well and agree that it has changed a lot. Nice looking tank. You will want to watch the Kenya tree and be ready to trim it up some as it will get pretty big. They spread by dropping arms. When this happens pluck them out and Frag them or something so they don’t overwhelm your tank. Glad you are here. This forum is the best.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my wife did SW for about 15 years until about 12 years ago. We decided to get back into it and and WOW, things have changed. We now have a 24G cube set up as a reef and working on a 40G to do the same. This is our 24G. This tank has been up and running for 6 months. We are concentrating on Zoas, mushrooms, and some Euphyllias. We are trying to do our due diligence and read / watch videos to educate ourselves. Any questions or comments are appreciated. Thanks
inbound6230291312989491791.jpg
Beautiful! Awesome rock work! What’s your stocking? Id recommend a royal gramma, clownfish, fire fish, and different types of gobies. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

Rising Eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Currently we have 2 clowns and we just added a Mandarin Goby with a bottle of Copepods. We have an assortment of CUC, including an Emerald crab that hasn't missed a meal. We're going with 2 more fish, but haven't decided and in no hurry. We are also working on an IM 40G AIO. We have a Yasha Blenny/ Pistol Shrimp combo in that tank with more to come, eventually. This tank has been set up for 10 weeks. Going slow on livestock, but adding misc. corals.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back