No water changes needed is this possible.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to say that Lou Ekus isn't correct, but there is differing opinions on this. I will attach a clip from the Reef Moonshiners Handbook.

Screenshot_20200115-212800_Drive.jpg

You have the Handbook........

This is the way !!!

1579143820098.png

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the Handbook........

This is the way !!!

1579143820098.png
@The Aquatic Arsenal , since Lou liked the post, that reminded me that I was actually not finished here ;-)

If you read the entire Handbook, you will realize that I'm a big fan of no Water changes.
Mainly because of the fact that certain elements that are not very welcome, will definitely disappear over time, but it's crucial for tanks with no water changes, to supplement all relevant trace elements and keep a good eye on them and replenish as needed.

But that's just me ;-)

Water changes become an important factor when export of certain things is required and no effective method is on the table to remove these otherwise.
But for Trace element replenishing, the Water change is not a full resolution, better than nothing for sure, but not reliable on the long run.

Message therefore here is to folks going WC free, to ensure to manage trace elements more careful than a tank with WC's.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@The Aquatic Arsenal , since Lou liked the post, that reminded me that I was actually not finished here ;-)

If you read the entire Handbook, you will realize that I'm a big fan of no Water changes.
Mainly because of the fact that certain elements that are not very welcome, will definitely disappear over time, but it's crucial for tanks with no water changes, to supplement all relevant trace elements and keep a good eye on them and replenish as needed.

But that's just me ;-)

Water changes become an important factor when export of certain things is required and no effective method is on the table to remove these otherwise.
But for Trace element replenishing, the Water change is not a full resolution, better than nothing for sure, but not reliable on the long run.

Message therefore here is to folks going WC free, to ensure to manage trace elements more careful than a tank with WC's.
I completely agree.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back