Noopsyche k7 Mini new - Problem!!! Help!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, i hoped to accellerate things in communicate directly with them but it degenerates and i dunno why.
probably doesn't help that you started posting stuff before even getting anything done about it. you literally started the process and didn't like your answer and started posting it. This issue seems like something that should have been kept as a private communication between you and Alibaba.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably doesn't help that you started posting stuff before even getting anything done about it. you literally started the process and didn't like your answer and started posting it. This issue seems like something that should have been kept as a private communication between you and Alibaba.
Yes on first part, no on second. Seen how fast they've recognised the problem it get me think that they know is a common problem. And to me, looks like a QC problem.

Then i knew going thru aliexpress seller normally take long because translation problem + time zones, etc. So i contacted them via facebook and in here since they are active in here. I do regret to have bought noopsyche because to me, as soon as they have recognised the problem, they should have be more proactive in solving it. Selling me the part isn't something i feel as good CS. Telling me "man, if you want to go fast we send you the part but you must pay shipping otherwise must wait for the seller going thru all the process". Then they started on the defensive, i don't see to have ****posted anywere in here nor on facebook. The dude of noop in here instead started to speak like if i'm dumb. He can think it, i don't give a .... but it should not treat me like one. not when speak as CR.

It could have told me straight on "hey dude, i do only usa, i forward your message to china and contact them" but instead it started to answer like a smartalec telling me i should know the process and posting our private conversation where nothing different were said.

Luckily this aliex seller is very responsive. So to me that's it. I'll wait for the lamp i keep it until it dies and noopsyche is done for me. Thanks and have a good day.

Tim D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a K7 Mini today with what is probably the same issue. Can't connect to wifi. Can't connect to App. The light doesn't publish its' SSID that I can see. I've done the factory reset and verified that my network is 2.4GHz. I've toggled between App and wifi mode. I've removed my iphone app and reinstalled it and no connection or hint of connection at all. I just sent a message on the Noopsyche website where I bought it (yep, bought from the manufacturer) and am waiting to hear back.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a K7 Mini today with what is probably the same issue. Can't connect to wifi. Can't connect to App. The light doesn't publish its' SSID that I can see. I've done the factory reset and verified that my network is 2.4GHz. I've toggled between App and wifi mode. I've removed my iphone app and reinstalled it and no connection or hint of connection at all. I just sent a message on the Noopsyche website where I bought it (yep, bought from the manufacturer) and am waiting to hear back.
is not the same to my problem. I was able to connect to the light in both ways. It just did not saved the settings basically. I've solved with a new motherboard. Tag them in a post to see if they can help you. Make a video of the problem so they can understand better

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the poster, Sorry about your issues. As far as @noopsyche goes, you as a business should not post private messages that you had with a brand customer. I have a light from you and I am happy with it. However, seeing you post a capture of a private conversation with a customer is very unprofessional. I've been involved in business dealings with some of the worlds most respected brands, from all across the business spectrum and none of them would consider doing this regardless of the customers behavior which in this case is not poor. I will be leaving the brand on this basis.
I've also reviewed your privacy policy which in my opinion is terrible as a brand that is serving a small community. Maybe think about revising it.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the poster, Sorry about your issues. As far as @noopsyche goes, you as a business should not post private messages that you had with a brand customer. I have a light from you and I am happy with it. However, seeing you post a capture of a private conversation with a customer is very unprofessional. I've been involved in business dealings with some of the worlds most respected brands, from all across the business spectrum and none of them would consider doing this regardless of the customers behavior which in this case is not poor. I will be leaving the brand on this basis.
I've also reviewed your privacy policy which in my opinion is terrible as a brand that is serving a small community. Maybe think about revising it.
Luckily i've stomped on a very good aliexpress seller that answered very fast and acted pretty promptly. It took nearly one month but did ended well. Light is going strong at today. Pretty pleased with it. BUT i wanted to add another light to my aquarium and i opted for a different brand since this case left me unimpressed by them (i don't care about the public conversation but i really mind about their way of threat warranty). I think a proof of purchase is valid for warranty, does not matter where i buy from especially for a known problem.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You didn't buy it from us,what you’re buying isn't authorized Authentic.and No AliExpress merchant has ever contacted us we prohibit any merchant to sell on AliExpress. On the other hand, lamps purchased from us absolutely come with after-sales service! The problem is that light purchased from other informal stores should contact the place of purchase for free after-sales support instead of coming to us. It is unreasonable to ask store B to provide after-sales service for products purchased from store A through illegal channels.
I have not disclosed any private personal information of the author, I sincere apologize if it makes you feel uncomfortable @fr3n0z

sesbalders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deal with Chinese vendors for a profession. All I’m gonna say is pay peanuts get monkeys. You would be absolutely stunned, and I mean stunned what goes on over there. I have to agree that the warranty responsibility lies with the reseller. I’ll also say this, it’s up to you, but take it from a pro, don’t try to deal direct with a Chinese manufacturer, it will give you grey hair and a stress medication prescription.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deal with Chinese vendors for a profession. All I’m gonna say is pay peanuts get monkeys. You would be absolutely stunned, and I mean stunned what goes on over there. I have to agree that the warranty responsibility lies with the reseller. I’ll also say this, it’s up to you, but take it from a pro, don’t try to deal direct with a Chinese manufacturer, it will give you grey hair and a stress medication prescription.
I deal on a hobby level (i fly fpv drone) with many chinese manufacturer and sincerely never had this happen. I buy lot's of time from not authorised reseller and still got warranty from manufacturer. Even on second hand stuff bought from private (Still under warranty period). But yeah, market for FPV is probably different.

You didn't buy it from us,what you’re buying isn't authorized Authentic.and No AliExpress merchant has ever contacted us we prohibit any merchant to sell on AliExpress. On the other hand, lamps purchased from us absolutely come with after-sales service! The problem is that light purchased from other informal stores should contact the place of purchase for free after-sales support instead of coming to us. It is unreasonable to ask store B to provide after-sales service for products purchased from store A through illegal channels.
I have not disclosed any private personal information of the author, I sincere apologize if it makes you feel uncomfortable @fr3n0z
Id did not make me feel unconfortable, it was just weird. I didn't wrote in here anything diffrent from what i've wrote on fb. ....i'll take it as a misunderstanding.

So, about my lamp, you are saying is a fake or just it does not come from the official market? In the case you think is fake, can you let me know how to verify if is original or not?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't buy it from us,what you’re buying isn't authorized Authentic
It comes out of your factory or is made from your parts. How are they getting them then? It is incumbent in YOU to control your distribution and not the end user/purchaser.

The problem is that light purchased from other informal stores should contact the place of purchase for free after-sales support instead of coming to us. It is unreasonable to ask store B to provide after-sales service for products purchased from store A through illegal channels.
Most of us assume that a MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY is covered by the manufacturer and not dependent on the reseller. Moreover, it appears that different hardware runs have had different issues (non working buttons, non saving settings, etc.). I fail to understand how a known issue needs to be re-diagnosed with each end-user and then the end user becomes responsible for negotiating shipping, parts and a DIY repair for what amounts to a DOA device, not an "in warranty failure". These lights that are DOA should be outright replaced.

Moreover, they should be easily identifiable by serial number and/or mac address. This tells me further that the underlying hardware and components change on a whim based on supply. Are these hardware revisions tracked or conveyed to end-users?

I do not use y NS lights party because of the support ecosystem and the way issues like this are handled, as well as how bad the app is. I think the light itself is very solid and has great output and color rendering but the rest of the experience is rather lacking.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back