Our friend Jake Adams

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the worst news ever, Jake was an inspiration to me and my new build. I loved his informative videos and always looked forward to a new reef therapy. Rest in peace brother, this is a very sad day, and such a tremendous loss to the reefing community. Gonna miss you brother. Gonna miss your updates, reviews, and everything really. So sad :crying-face:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a heavy heart I'm delivering the news that our beloved Reef Builder icon Jake Adams received his wings.... it hadn't hit the web yet but it will. As more details come in I'll report back. My condolences to all of his family, friends and anyone that knew him.
Who are you? Where did you get your information? Sad if it’s true.

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heartbreaking. I saw him speak at MACNA just earlier this year and have learned a ton watching his videos. The reefing community definitely lost a great one. I’m so sorry to hear this.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in complete disbelief, I have been just watching one of his videos minutes ago. A huge loss to the reefing hobby and community. I am just out of words, my condolences and prayers to his family and to everyone affected by the news.
Have been always and will still be my biggest inspiration in the reefing hobby.
As a 16 yo reefer I will dedicate the rest of my reefing career to his living memory.
A truly sad way to end my night.

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So crazy... I had the pleasure of meeting him last weekend. Felt like I've known him since I watch all the videos. He was telling me that he was going to Indonesia for a trip. Very sad. Very cool guy and with such a passion for the hobby. Such a surreal feeling.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely heart breaking and beyond shocking! I’m sure everyone in our community will be hurting from this news! :crying-face:

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to Rob Mougey (VP of Macna if I'm correct) he passed away on an Overnight Flight to Bali just last night.

I can't imagine the heartbreak his family and close friends are going through. He was only 42 which is still pretty young. Rest in Peace Jake, you were one of my big Inspirations

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back