Oxydators and their fight against parasites.

twoahh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Brandon.
I have been telling nay preaching about Oxydators for the best part of 30years. I have been openly ridiculed, accused of selling them, giving misinformation, being obsessed, outright wrong, pushing snake oil, you name it. Slowly but surely some people have tried them and reaped the benefits.

The technology has long been proven and not just by me of course. In all the years I have been using Oxydators in something like 12 tanks not once I have witnessed a single outbreak of disease, no white spot or itch etc and I have never QTd a single fish which includes Tangs Royal grammas, damsels, firefish and many other fish often considered itch magnets.

My fish live longives, are healthy, many spawn and the colours are vibrant.

We have an Oxydator user group on Facebook with lots of information much written by myself in the files section plus members who have related their experiences using Oxydator's.

IMO Oxydators are the best kept secret in fish and reefkeeping, perhaps not quite the secret they were.
Getting one this week from Germany. It seems like a great way to naturally eliminate unwanted algae & diseases and improve water quality.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one a couple weeks ago the A model running with 12% and one catalyst this thread was a big help because I would've freaked out over how much it was bubbling when first placed in the tank otherwise.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one a couple weeks ago the A model running with 12% and one catalyst this thread was a big help because I would've freaked out over how much it was bubbling when first placed in the tank otherwise.
Yeah it can fix a heck.of a lot when first introduced and after a refill but not always.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bundhi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Atoll, I’ve basically joined today to speak to you as from what I’ve searched you seem to be the man that can maybe help?

I’ve been enjoying being back in the marine world with my new 900l tank and all has been going well until I stupidly took the plunge with a Powder Brown. Now a few spots which I refused to panic over and seemed to come and go has now took hold of 4 of my fish. I’ve tried Oodinex but it hasn’t had any impact which wasn’t unexpected after reading reviews.
I don’t have the space to set up another tank to fit all my fish in to treat with copper so looking at alternatives.
It would be good to pick your brain if possible? Don’t think I can private message you as only just joined. Are you on Ultimate Reef at all?

Dz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a W with 30% diluted to 20% 1 catalyst in my 400+ gallon. Idk my sump volume but display is 396 lol. I feed very heavy. Not really expecting much just needed to buy something new. I’m curious how long until it goes out lol.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a W with 30% diluted to 20% 1 catalyst in my 400+ gallon. Idk my sump volume but display is 396 lol. I feed very heavy. Not really expecting much just needed to buy something new. I’m. curious how long until it goes out lol.
Am curious as well lol
You might want to add another catalyst

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will on the refill. I’m curious though how long does the h2o2 last for?
There arec3 things that influence the length of time the peroxide will need replenishing.
Number of catalysts.
% of peroxide.
Temperature.

Once you find the rate of use for the 3 steps above then the need to replenish the peroxide will stay pretty stable. Rough estimate 20% with 1 catalyst should last around 3 to 4 weeks. However, check it after a week which should then give you an idea how long the peroxide will last.

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I found this thread sooner! I just started tinkering with ozone for water clarity, but I’d rather go with the oxydator for the oxygenation benefits.

@atoll I have a 300 gallon system, would you recommend the W with 12% and 1 catalyst or 2? Right now I have a fish only with live rock with tangs/angels.

does anyone else run the W in their display? Or have a picture of how large it is/the space it takes up in their sump?

Dz1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I found this thread sooner! I just started tinkering with ozone for water clarity, but I’d rather go with the oxydator for the oxygenation benefits.

@atoll I have a 300 gallon system, would you recommend the W with 12% and 1 catalyst or 2? Right now I have a fish only with live rock with tangs/angels.

does anyone else run the W in their display? Or have a picture of how large it is/the space it takes up in their sump?
Sump, it’s not small like the videos. Need a 5x5 space for it.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A W with 12% peroxide and 2 even 3 catalysts with fish only, well stocked and fed.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a full list of specifications inc sizes for all models of Oxydators in the Facebook Oxydator group. Also lots of useful information and tips on Oxydators in the files section..

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting @atoll and others. I've read all the pages of this thread.
Nuisance algae is mentioned but there seems to be more focus on disease. Does anyone run an oxidator just for algae control?
I made a personal commitment years ago that forums will be the extent of my social media so I do not participate in anything facebook related.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting @atoll and others. I've read all the pages of this thread.
Nuisance algae is mentioned but there seems to be more focus on disease. Does anyone run an oxidator just for algae control?
I made a personal commitment years ago that forums will be the extent of my social media so I do not participate in anything facebook related.
Some people have suggested that their oxydator helped clear GHA and some single cell algae in the water ckears but it's all anecdotal evidence.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll I wonder if I can kill a nasty sponge invasion with it? If it could, I would build one this afternoon. I built one a few yeas ago when Albert Thiel also built one but I forgot what I did with it. :anguished-face:

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll I wonder if I can kill a nasty sponge invasion with it? If it could, I would build one this afternoon. I built one a few yeas ago when Albert Thiel also built one but I forgot what I did with it. :anguished-face:
Unfortunately I doubt it Paul. Sounds like that sponge is the mother of all evil and would survive a nuclear explosion. You could take some out, put it in a jar with some tankbwater and add a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide and see what happens.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back