Peroxide use for flatworms on hammer coral????

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How is your hammer today?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes alot better now! I have a pic the morning after the dip of him open but its not the best quality.
Message_1496590658646.jpg

How is your hammer today?
Ill get a better picture today when i get off work.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the.frag is cheap and is affected with acro flatworm for sure and you dont have anything to dip then i would say just throw it away. Not worth the headache (maybe it might be a hard thing to do for some people).
I have been doing sps for a while and have had flatworms afew times. Until you have problem otherwise it would be.very difficult to take suggestion or advices like this....but trust me you dont want it in your tank
I mean i payed 50$ for it and i dont quite like throwing away money so i dont think id be doing that.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some flat worms ( most likely the acropora type, not the red planaria) in my system about two years ago, even though i dip everything with revive before placing in my DT, but my Halichoeres chrysus (yellow wrasse) turned "nuclear" on them. Haven't seen one in over a year!
Yeah this for a 10 gallon nano so i think a wrasse is out of the question.. But ive watched it after the dip and dont see any crawling around on it like before. Im not sure what kind of flat worms these were othere then they were orangeish red.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't blame you on that one bit.
Yeah but hopefully the dip did it for the worms. After doing so a ton (15 total) fell off of it. Havnt seen any since. I went back to the store the next day and after looking at the frag tank i got it from its just crawling with them.. You van see where they had demolished a coral already.. Next time im going to me more observant of the frag before purchase..

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about hammer corals though with there heads are they supposed to be raised like reaching for light or just in all kinds of directions..

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give him some time.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys seems hes doing great today. 2/3 branches are open almost all the way with no sighns of flat worms although ut seems like you can see some damage they left behind like bruising on the heads of some lf the coral.

20170605_175518.jpg

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there different kinds of hammers or they all just generic.. Like how zoas have different names for different colors.
If so what kind is this because it was just listed as branching hammer thats all

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are there different kinds of hammers or they all just generic.. Like how zoas have different names for different colors.
If so what kind is this because it was just listed as branching hammer thats all
He's growing on you, isn't he?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 139 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back