Peter's Innovative Marine NUVO EXT 200 Mixed Reef

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video of all fish and corals in their new homes. Moving all that was not fun. On the bright side, at least I have an open space for my new tank now.

I hope everything stays going smoothly. Definitely rough on you and the corals this emergency move but you did great for an emergency. Hopefully things stay happy until the new tank arrives,

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, that sucks!!! Was it due to the sump, or just that's when they expect the tank to ship?
I assumed it was because I ordered it a month after you guys but with all these sump issues now I am not sure. We will see in 6 weeks. Those other sumps are pretty expensive right? How much money back did innovative marine give you for your sump credit?

AIRDADDY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Save! That's about as good as you could hope for considering the emergency. Glad you were able to keep your passion for the hobby after that.

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always used the BRS refractometer with 2 bottles of accubrate calibration fluid. I wanted to be sure so I ordered the tropic marin glass high precision hydrometer (1st one came broken from BRS). The refractometer read 35.5 or 1.0268 and the hydrometer read 1.026. Good to know the refractometer is accurate.
20230513_140504.jpg

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow i only trust tropic marin glass high precision hydrometer

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow i only trust tropic marin glass high precision hydrometer
I wanted to double check. I had a bottle of the calibration solution go bad and I didn't notice before. That's why I use 2 bottles now. Unlikely both will go bad. I like the hydrometer but when checking you have to turn off flow. Not sure I will use it when mixing salt but I may try it.

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting times! My tank will be delivered next Tue.

My 8020 shipment came just in time. I am building a light mount with a 90 degree swivel arm to mount all my Red Sea lights and my XHO LED light strips. I'll make a video of the mount when I am done with it.
I can't believe how heavy 8020 T slot is. I should have got the lite version. Hopefully the weight is not an issue.

20230610_224220.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back