phillygeeks' 225 Gallon Reef

phillygeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be jumping the gun a bit. However, quite a bit is already on order and the following is the beginnings of my build plan. I have a few pics of modifications to the fish room and will post some pics as stuff really gets going. I am very excited for this build after learning a ton from my first. I am planning for an SPS dominant tank. I think my main overall goals for success are to take it slow and keep things stable.

Reef Savvy 72x30x24 Euro braced tank - ordered
Biotek marine red edition sump 44x17x16 - ordered
Lighting I plan on 4x Orhpek Altantik v4 gen 2 - this may change if there is an upgrade available early next year
Reef Octopus Elite 200INT skimmer- in hand

I have some old Fiji Ultra rock which is now dry that i plan to get going again. I bought some cultured Walt Smith 2.1 rock that i hop to pick up next week to get a nice live rock starter going. Overall I don't really like the 2.1 rock look so I would be willing to part with this once I get my dry rock going with this live stuff. I was really hoping to buy a nice shelf package from Marco Rocks but I see they are now wholesale only. Now I see the price for a nice shelf based aquascape using Marco Rocks is astronomically priced. If anyone know of a way to get a decent priced package of the typical Marco Rocks shelf type scape package for a 225g aquarium, I am all ears. I am looking for a decent package that would include the foundation rock, some shelf rock and pedestals. My hope is to get all the rock going and "live" when I mix it with the Walt Smith cultured fiji rock.

I plan on auto water changes with the DOS system
I plan on 2 part when getting started with a transition to calcium reactor once things take off

Most importantly I look forward to being able to share some pics with everyone as things get going

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back