phosban reator help

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all d i need to get a phosban reactor an i was looking at the 2 little fishes one is this a good model and it dosent tell me what pump is best for it any imput would be grat thanks joe

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've had good luck with mine, fittings all stay dry so no leaking.

i think i have a MJ600 or MJ900 on mine. it comes with a ball valve attachment so you can cut back flow depending on what media you are using.

i never have any luck with the phosban making any difference (i've always have non detect on my phosphate readings anyways). and after a couple of weeks of phosban being in the chamber, it seems i get more algae growing in my tank.

i currently have some large pellet carbon in it now, and the ball valve is open all the way so there is some good flow going through it, but the carbon isn't moving creating any dust. this method seems to work better for me than using the phosban. great product considering how cheap it is.

almost makes buying a canister filter not even seem worth it anymore due to the cost.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the 2 little fishes and the deltec ones

the 2 little fishes i use a mini-jet 404 and cut it back a little on the 2 little fishes

you also need hose i believe it is 5/8 hose

if this is the first time using i would take it slow it drops the alk in the tank for a while

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to use Phosban or Rhowaphos or any similar product I suggest a reacotor. You get better results with a fluized flow through the media instead of sitting in a media bag. I use the mini-jet 404 and make sure to use the valve included with the reactor. You want the media to look like it is slightly boiling in the chamber. If your looking for a media go with Rhowaphos it never caused any ill effects on my tank.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok great when u used the phosban reactor did u see a difference in the tank i know alot of people say that these things really dont mae a difference thanks

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back